Larry Costa wins Shamrock XX 2 Gun, HV Grand...Gary Sullivan wins LV Grand

Steve Lee

Larry Costa took 2 gun and HV Grand. Gary Sullivan won LV Grand.

Wayne Campbell won LV 100, Larry won HV100, Eddie Harris took HV200 and Gary won LV200.

Special mention to Steve Hill who, after a year off, finished 2nd in HV100, 4th in HV200 and 2nd in HV Grand. Good shooting Steve!

2 Gun top 5 were
Larry Costa .2403
Eddie Harris .2600
Gary Sullivan .2706
Don Hardeman .2840
Paul Mitchell .2848

Sunday was wild. An approaching cold front brought strong switchy winds. Gary's LV200 winning agg of .3130 kind of tells the tale!

Results are attached.

Steve

Attachments

• Shamrock XX.xls
    101 KB · Views: 663
  • Shamrock XX.pdf
    401 KB · Views: 521
Picture of consistency w no train wrecks

Larry once again showed us how to get it done. No one can state just how impressive a flat .24 winning 2-Gun agg was in those conditions. Love to say it was fun to watch but he knows as well as I do that it wasn't. He is relentless.. Very trying winds even by Shamrock standards. Larry proved the theory on Sunday that it is not how little you shoot... It's how big you don't. Had 2 8's as his big ones on Sunday in that mess. Most had multiples over the dreaded inch mark in including me.. Another great job man.

Great showings too by Eddie, Gary, Don and Paul.

Another great match put on by MGGOA, Matt and crew...

Lick our wounds and on to Fairchance.

Hope to see you all there

Last edited:
Nice shooting Larry! Congratulations.

I watched the front come through on Sunday, so I was just guessing you guys would have tough conditions.

Lee

Thanks guys. Much appreciated.
Steve Hill was awesome with is non-ppc and an 80 grain bullet that shot extremely well. Maybe we can get him to give us a rundown on what the chambering is, etc. I only won the heavy varmint 100 against his hv gun on the last group because he had some bad luck, he was leading the yardage until then.
Again, thanks guys.

Shamrock XX

Thanks Steve and Larry for the kind words and it was a great weekend, I enjoyed seeing everyone again after sitting out all of last year. In the HV matches I was shooting the 6 Grinch cartridge (based on the 6.5 grendel case necked down) with 80 gr. flat based bullets in a 12 twist with some 8208 surplus powder. I believe Bart helped promote that cartridge a few years back and I wanted to try it. That rifle has often shot extremely well and it was one of those days. I did get a little nervous on the last target and tried to force things a bit but am thrilled to end up as high as I did in the HV competition. I appreciate all the help I have gotten from several people over the last few years while trying to climb the benchrest ladder.

I see that my next goal should be to learn how to shoot better in the wind with a PPC. That was a trying match on Sunday afternoon. Congrats Larry on the win and all the guys in the top 5 overall. Look forward to seeing everyone again next year.

Steve Hill

thanks guys. Much appreciated.
Steve hill was awesome with is non-ppc and an 80 grain bullet that shot extremely well. Maybe we can get him to give us a rundown on what the chambering is, etc. I only won the heavy varmint 100 against his hv gun on the last group because he had some bad luck, he was leading the yardage until then.
Again, thanks guys.
nice shooting steve i remember way back when my 25 cal. Bullets 80 gr were doing quite well at all match even with poor measure ments thats i quit shooting it.

nice shooting steve i remember way back when my 25 cal. Bullets 80 gr were doing quite well at all match even with poor measure ments thats i quit shooting it.
also there was a article written in n b r s a magizne wthh targets. About,.i b4eleive by felecher williams.and allplacing at super shoot that yr

Black Magic

Another win for Larry! There are dark, demonic forces at work here. Somebody please, swipe his copy of the Necronomicon.

the grendel ase as a copy of one my reamers made by dave kif for 25 cl palminso drove to my home to get a coupl cases and tho. 80 gr. 6 .5 ulls he later told me t6they broke all records with them. Also i made some larry fessue in 80 gr. Nd he won with them.poor measurement shut us down.

Back