Larry Costa Wins Shamrock XII...Buddy Ross nipping at his heels. Here are the results

Steve Lee

Larry beat Buddy by .0018. Literally one group made the difference.

Here are the results.

Attachments

• Shamrock XII.xls
    101 KB · Views: 645
  • Shamrock XII.pdf
    514.3 KB · Views: 585
Congrads

Good shooting to the boxie twins. Notice larry is growing hair for both of them and buddy must be eating for both! Good shooting guys ! Jim casey

Thanks for the congrats. I enjoyed the shoot a lot, especially following on the same bench (and rooting for) my friend Buddy Ross. He has come ALIVE and is now a prime contender at any match. KOOL !!
I was very impressed with the way the match was run in some terrible weather. The folks at Dublin did very well.
As some of you know, in the evening, after the match was finished, I got a call from a police officer that another of my stolen rifles (BAT DS, Scoville, March) was recovered and that I could pick it up as soon as I got back to town.
What a great week !!!

Larry

As some of you know, in the evening, after the match was finished, I got a call from a police officer that another of my stolen rifles (BAT DS, Scoville, March) was recovered........
What a great week !!!

Larry

Does this mean Buddy got caught going home with that rifle or he turned it in so he wouldn't have to clean it??

Seriously, it was amazing to watch you two on bench 10 (and 25) shoot!!!

Sitting next to Jerry

Looks like an Agg. winner or the 2 gun winner has sat next to Jerry 2 out of the last 3 years. You bring the best out in us Jerry. :D Tony

Thanks for the congrats. I enjoyed the shoot a lot, especially following on the same bench (and rooting for) my friend Buddy Ross. He has come ALIVE and is now a prime contender at any match. KOOL !!
I was very impressed with the way the match was run in some terrible weather. The folks at Dublin did very well.
As some of you know, in the evening, after the match was finished, I got a call from a police officer that another of my stolen rifles (BAT DS, Scoville, March) was recovered and that I could pick it up as soon as I got back to town.
What a great week !!!

Larry

I was told by an unreliable source (Buddy) that it was YOUR barrel and tuner he was shooting!!
"As some of you know, in the evening, after the match was finished, I got a call from a police officer that another of my stolen rifles (BAT DS, Scoville, March) was recovered and that I could pick it up as soon as I got back to town."

Nice things happen to to nice people! Great shooting! Jim

Thanks, Steve Lee

Steve, thanks for posting the Shamrock results (for the poor soles that could not make it). Looks as if Costa , Costa Buddy a two gun. Great shooting guys & ladys. HFV
Larry beat Buddy by .0018. Literally one group made the difference.

Here are the results.

Good shooting Larry

Larry, great shooting and I am very happy to hear about police locating another of your stolen rifles. I hope the culprits have to pay dearly. ( I still be look'n three bench guns) been ten years and not a word. (Hall Std, Nesika BR model , 003 serial #, and XP-100 in 6 American)
What a great week !!!

Larry

The rumor on the tuner that both me and Buddy shot being mine is correct. I had some spare time this winter and it was just something to do. Nothing special, just a hunk of metal... As you will see in the match report, Buddy shoots Billy Stevens gunsmithed equipment and Brady's bullets. I did turn the threats on the barrel to fit his tuner and helped him set it. This was the first time that he shot a tuner on a rifle but again you have to think back to Rachel's Glen this past Fall and remember that he kicked but with a different rifle, a different Stevens barrel, Brady's bullets and NO TUNER. He is just plain shooting a lot better, no magic.
He also shot extremely well with the rail gun without a tuner, even though by now he must own about a dozen of the things. He is definetely a compulsive rail gun buyer...

The secret of the Mouse's Ear

Larry, it's the effect of the Mouse's Ear. Buddy will give you full details. And, Buddy, you should have given Gordon Earp an Andrew Jackson. It's hard to beat Costa w/o a nitrus bump or an AJ.
The rumor on the tuner that both me and Buddy shot being mine is correct. I had some spare time this winter and it was just something to do. Nothing special, just a hunk of metal... As you will see in the match report, Buddy shoots Billy Stevens gunsmithed equipment and Brady's bullets. I did turn the threats on the barrel to fit his tuner and helped him set it. This was the first time that he shot a tuner on a rifle but again you have to think back to Rachel's Glen this past Fall and remember that he kicked but with a different rifle, a different Stevens barrel, Brady's bullets and NO TUNER. He is just plain shooting a lot better, no magic.
He also shot extremely well with the rail gun without a tuner, even though by now he must own about a dozen of the things. He is definetely a compulsive rail gun buyer...

I was shootin beside buddy and it was awesome watching his group. Buddy is really picking up his game. And Larry is proving again why he's one of the best. It's sic to watch him shoot. Great match as always, and thankful to have it for us to shoot in. Great show.

Back