Lapua Center X

Dave S

NRA Benefactor Member
Can anyone tell me who sells, and may have some in stock, Lapua Center-X..

Thanks

Dave

I cannot resist. Often I have found Center X to be superior in accuracy on the target to Midas +. Once in a while the converse is true. Absolutes are rare in rim fire bench rest. One absolute is a 250-0x will beat a 249-24x every time.

You might try Clint at Shooting For Perfection. 502 750-3276. bob

Both would be hard to do!

I cannot resist. Often I have found Center X to be superior in accuracy on the target to Midas +. Once in a while the converse is true. Absolutes are rare in rim fire bench rest. One absolute is a 250-0x will beat a 249-24x every time.

You might try Clint at Shooting For Perfection. 502 750-3276. bob

Bob ,hasn`t both of those been shot ,not the same day but only one time each. I heard Wilbur shot the 250-0x and Harper shot the 249-24x ,correct me if I`m wrong!

Willy: If Wilbur shot a 250-0x I have not heard of it. Don Stith and I often joke about just how tough it would be to do. By accident would take a miracle of faith. Don and I often spar over IR50 vs ARA targets and scoring methods. We always disagree.

249-24x? I suspect there have been lots of them. I have one....and guess what the First Miss was #25. I kept that target as a reminder of how easy it is to screw up. Someday I'll frame it and hang it on the wall just for grins.

No one keeps track of 249's. That darn IR50 target really requires killer ammo. I shot two of them last night in a match. Its easy really.

I remember sitting next to Tony Harper, which match I forget, where he posted a really nice 248-24x. It was I think two years ago. If Tony has posted a 249-24x he will have to confirm it. bob

Last edited:
Come on, you have to ask?

Shoot 24 10-x's and throw one for an 8 = 248-24x.

The thing about the target I mentioned is the 8 was in the middle of the card. Keeping one's cool and blowing out the dots on the rest of the card shows determination to do well. bob

Doh...

The thing about the target I mentioned is the 8 was in the middle of the card. Keeping one's cool and blowing out the dots on the rest of the card shows determination to do well. bob

(I replied yesterday, but musta hit the wrong button)

Bob, I never thought of the possibility of an 8! And you're right, to continue to shoot X's after that takes determination.

Jim

I was not there so I'm probably remembering wrong (keep that in mind when reading this). Back when Helen and Milt Cook were still running things at IR I got a call from Helen one Monday saying how Scotty Hamilton had shot an "X" with his first pull of the trigger, then while closing the bolt the gun went off hitting that same first target again, only this time outside of the scoring ring making it an 11 point drop (worse score minus 1 one more). He was so pissed that he turned around and finished out the target shooting another 24 straight X's making his final score 239-24X (or would it be a 239-25X). As I said, I wasn't there, plus it was a long time ago so my memory might be playing tricks on me. But it makes for a good story anyway. Plus, if it is true, I'll bet anything it hasn't been repeated.

Dave Shattuck

No one keeps track of 249's. That darn IR50 target really requires killer ammo.

You speak for yourself Mr. Finger ;)

PaulLaneTarget_zps08536343.jpg

Only 20x, but I still keep it as a reminder.

Funny how the sighters are always X's :(

Brian

Brian: Must you always stir the pot? Your card is NOT an IR50 card. I said absolutely nothing about any other type of card in my post.

You want to compete with the sighters? Man, I'll win that competition almost every time no matter the type of card shot. But, we don't keep track of sighter X's either now do we? If you normally shoot that few I'll beat you every time. Ammo is not THAT hard to come by. And they count shooting them after you finish the card if there is time left on the clock. I hate to waste an empty dot. bob

Last edited:
Hi Bob, it’s the same as an IR50 card out to the five ring, but if that doesn't compare……..sorry.

Yeah, when things are going well I tend not to shoot too many sighters, but when it’s going badly, I can fill those dots as well as anybody, a couple of boxes on a card is not unusual.

Brian

Back