Kudos John Cascarino!

Pete Wass

Young John Cascarino won the two yardage Agg. yesterday at Orrington Maine's Firecracker Shoot with a brilliant 500-37! I was watching him shoot some yesterday. After lunch he shot some sighters and Then reached out and twisted the Beggs type tuner on his rifle, just a little and the bullets went into a tiny hole. He then banged off 4 Xes at 200 as easy as you please. I mentioned I was watching him do that and he said it really isn't suppose to do that - No Snubber! We both laughed like the two kids we are :). 250-18 @ 200 in this part of the world is Gettin Ere Done.

Brian Fitch, sans tuner or snubber got the 6 Power Agg with 493-9. Good shootin Brian!

300 today @ "Damascotta" as some call it here. Should be fun. I've missed these violent, kickin rifles over the past 5 or 6 years!

Pete

Last edited:
John didn't back off on at 300 either, he won the 300 and the 1-2-300 grand agg. Peter Hills won the 6 power grand. Congrats to all that shot well. By the way 18x's at 200 is gittin er done any where! Great shooting John!

John's Aggs today

2-300 Agg 498-21. His 1-2-3 Agg 748-40. Peter Hills 1-2-3 Agg 734-25. Great weekend with old friends I've been missing over the past 5 or 6 years and some new lads I've recently gotten to know. A great diner on the way home with a bit of Lagavulin 16 to get it started and then home. Life is good.

Pete

Well Eddie

Good Shooting John. Give 'em Hell!

he did. when the speedydry was thrown onto the ground at the end of the 300 yard leg of the firecracker, to soak up all the blood, John again was on top managing to shoot a 248 is some very baffling conditions. Good job John and thanks for everyones attendance. It was a great 3 days with lots of seriousness on the line and fun afterward.

Give 'em Hell

"It was a great 3 days with lots of seriousness on the line and fun afterward."

Just the way it should be. Reminds me of the "good ol' days". I sure miss it.

If you both are able

"It was a great 3 days with lots of seriousness on the line and fun afterward."

Just the way it should be. Reminds me of the "good ol' days". I sure miss it.

take a ride to Damarascotta in late July or to one of the two Vermont championships to sample the way life should be, including benchrest. Take care.

Btw

the reference to "young" John Cascarino was a compliment, attesting to his vim and vigor, state of mind, competitiveness and ability, not to a John Jr. who may have been shooting.

Back