Krieger gaintwist

gaintwist

seller lists 8.75-8.3 twist. Has anyone tried these? Will they stabilize 107-105g bullets out to 600?

thanks in advance,
-lige

gaintwist,

You are apparently asking about the ones in the classifieds from Mike Davis. I have no experience with a gain twist but ask Mike. You can trust his word and work. Mike has built multiple record holding rifles for 600 yd. IBS shooters ( see IBS equipment list for gunsmiths).

Jim Morgan

gaintwist,

I have one of those Kriegers on a Bat DS that Mike smithed. It's a no turn 6 BRX and very accurate. It has performed very well for me at the Hickory Egg Shoot and Piedmont 600 IBS matches with 107 SMK's. I haven't tried other bullets in it yet. It seems to respond to top loads best. Other of Mike's shooters have done very well with them and different (Berger) bullets also.

Greg

My experience in gain twists and talking to others who have used them, they are not magic. Like fixed twists it seems that there are good ones and not so good ones.

I had one that ripped jackets off of the bullets!! It was pure junk!!! Maybe i had one of the bad ones?? Lee

Here is a pic of a piece of plywood i shoot 2 shots at while braking in my barrel. i think the distance was 25 yards?
bowups003.jpg

Last edited:
No luck here Lige BUT I'll bet you can get those 107's to 1k better what with the starting pressure being a bit lower. Think anything that Krieger builds mostly works.
Clarence

Back