Krieger Gain Twist Barrels Update

LBRUNO

Chambered a 23" 1.450 gain for my rail, cut 1" off of a 24" blank to simulate a shorter barrel and give me as much of a full gain as possible. I used a new reamer from Kiff for my new bullet die purchased from George Ulrich that I will call the BRUNO UNO bullet. No I am not selling any bullets as of yet. Shot T powder to start in our recent match in Phoenix, switched to 8208, and worked on seating depth at the same time and things went from good to worse, I shot some groups in practice the day before .100, .107, .155 and in the match shot a .120 however I did not feel I was getting consistancy. Last weekend I decided to try VV-N133 so I went up the scale as usual and stoped at 55.5 on my Bruno powder measure ( do not try this load without caution might be too hot for some rifles) 2007 lot. The last 5 groups measured .237 .164 .215. .201 .115 which equals .186 aggregate. Some might think this is not so great but please consider the wind was averaging about 15 to 20 miles an hour and I was shooting in Phoenix. All in all I felt very comfortable with the agg and figured if I was shooting a match I would have been in the top 5 percent at days end. I am going to try to shoot the barrel again this weekend and if i do i will try to post the results. My first shipment should arrive sometime in January, i am taking orders for the second shipment of which i should recieve the end of February or the beginning of March. I must apologize for not answering many of your questions but with the primer, powder, brass, and bullet glut going on as well as building rifles, I am having trouble getting to the computer.

Sincerely

Lester Bruno

Bruno Shooters Supply

22-ppc Barrels

Steve i have tried 2 over the years and both shot very well as a matter of fact one of them shot a 6 group .120 agg in practice, however i never felt comfortable shooting them in competition because of the added wind drift.

Lester

Lester,

You have had many great shooting barrels on your rails in the past. Do you feel the gain twist is any better than other winning barrels you have had ? If so, why.

Rail gun ( Gain Twist )

Bill i cannot say that it was better than the best, however i can say that it was equal. The strange thing is that the gain twist are shooting VV-133 exceptionally well, from low charges to hot charges. Their seems to be more consistency built in. The mid range charges seem to shoot smaller groups.

Lester

Back