Krieger Bruno LV barrel.....

S

scott mims

This is not for advertising..... Just asking a question. Wilbur if you think this needs to be deleted I understand. On their web page they have some barrels listed as just Krieger and some listed as "Bruno" Krieger barrels. The difference I see are the size at the ends of the barrels. Would this make a difference in accuracy? What is the logic behind the different sizes? Each one is a LV 13.5 twist but different sizes.???

http://www.brunoshooters.com/product/500.html

http://www.brunoshooters.com/product/14207.html

Last edited:
So I wonder if a shorter fatter barrel is better/worse than a longer thinner barrel?....... In theory I should say ?

Last edited:
It just depends upon the weight that you need to get out of your barrel. That's determined by the weight of the rest of your components, stock, action and scope. I prefer my barrels to weigh between 5 pounds and 5 pounds 4 ounces with enough weight in the butt to bring them up to 10 lbs 7 ounces giving an ounce cushion on a 10 pound 8 ounce weight limit. If your component weight is heavy, go with the smaller muzzle diameter. If your component combination is light, then you can go with the larger muzzle diameter contour. If you want a 5 lb 4 oz barrel, you just move down the contour to get that weight at the length that you want it. I shoot a 22" barrel.

Maybe Bart Sauter or some one else more knowledgeable than me will chime in. I,m sure some one knows. Come on Mike Ezzell give us the answer.

John

I'm not Bart, but I have shot both the Bruno and the standard LV profile over the years, and I feel safe in saying that either profile will shoot just as well as the other.

I prefer the regular LV taper at 2.100 at the chamber end. Easier to make weight at 10 1/2 pounds, can't tell the difference on the target.

The very best barrel I own right now is the 1-18 30 cal Krieger on my VFS Rifle. It's actually a 1.200 LV taper with none of the straight end cut off.

Scott, probably the most popular Krieger barrel sold by Lester is the "Bruno Medium". He keeps a few hundred on order at all times and probably has sold a few thousand. I've bought 15-20 from Lester myself. I usually bought 4 from him at each Super Shoot. Call and talk to Lester himself and he can give you the story on this famous Bruno Medium taper.

This taper gives just what you need in weight and length with the modern lighter weight Leonard, Scarboro, or Scoville stocks and the newer 30mm bodied scopes like the Leupold LCS and March.

Hello everyone! Yes, please call to speak with my father. He can explain the tweak on the contour for you! Lester = 623-587-7641

Back