Kiwi Kevin Duckworth retires from shooting

• Thread starter Kevin_Duckworth
  • Start date
K

Kevin_Duckworth

Guys

I thought I would let you know that I have retired from competition shooting and as a consequence will not be in South Africa next year.

I want to thank all of you who have been so helpful to me over the years, and to say how much I have enjoyed the company of shooters from many countries.

What other sport would have a competitor loan his rifle when you have had a gear failure instead of rejoicing which seems to happen in other disciplines and games?

So all the very best to you all. Think real small.

Kevin

Sorry to hear that Kevin

I was expecting to see you in Brisbane at the Madden.

What caused your decision???

Rob.

Come and Visit

Kevin:

Now you have no excuse, you and your bride can come and visit. Maybe some whitetail hunting or turkey hunting. Or just seeing the country. I had hoped when you were here for the Super Shoot a year ago that you would have time to come to the south.

Nat Lambeth

Hi Kevin,

It's good to meet up every couple of years at the World Benchrest Championships and I must admit I've not got many more in me, what with all the flying restrictions and the like. I reckon France in 2011 will be my last.

I know you will still be pulling a trigger in your beautiful country and I know you will keep in touch by following everyone's WBC exploits on-line.

Great to have shot with you.

Best wishes
Vince (UK)

Happy Retirement

Hi Kevin,

Im sorry to here about your decision, to retire for competition shooting.
May i wish you alll the best!!

Phil

Kevin, how does one retire from shooting? I retired so I could shoot more.

Anyhow, enjoy life.

Jerry
In my opinion ,if one was successful at shooting one can retire,If one was not,one would just quit...With that said I feel there are many good reasons to hang it up,church,family, poor health and of course a simple life change...LW

Best of luck to you Kevin

in whatever your next endeavor may be. I have enjoyed competing with you and would not take anything for the trip we took to your country for WBC-6. Again good luck and stay in touch.

Kevin,
Sorry to hear you're stopping shooting, but I'm sure you have your reasons. I enjoyed the your visit to shoot rimfire with us, and remember it well. If you're ever back in NC, get in touch and come shoot some rimfire again with me! Take care of yourself and keep in touch.
Kent

Cheers Kevin

You will be missed bud. Great having met you in Sweden for the my first World shoot.
All the best for the future.
Steve Williams

Back