Kelbly TMBR or KLP?

TrxR

Going to be ordering a stock this week. I am stuck between the KLP or the TMBR. It is a 30BR Borden BRM action with 24" barrel thats going to be pillar bedded with a recoil lug as its an existing barreled action. This is going to be used for 100yd for score . Local club stuff so not stuck to any specific rules other than no wider than 3" forearm and must not use a 1 piece rest or mechanical rear rest.

Im using a Cowan front rest with a Edgewood front bag.

Thanks

Klp

Going to be ordering a stock this week. I am stuck between the KLP or the TMBR. It is a 30BR Borden BRM action with 24" barrel thats going to be pillar bedded with a recoil lug as its an existing barreled action. This is going to be used for 100yd for score . Local club stuff so not stuck to any specific rules other than no wider than 3" forearm and must not use a 1 piece rest or mechanical rear rest.

Im using a Cowan front rest with a Edgewood front bag.

Thanks

I have shot both and I prefer the KLP by far! To be fair I have only shot them with a 6ppc and free recoil. Not sure how a 30 BR will function but I'm guessing it will be just fine. Hope this helps, Durward

Ill add that the barrel starts at 1.25" and tapers to 1.00" at the muzzle if it makes any difference .

Hopefully some more score shooters will reply.

I imagine i probably would be satisfied with either one.

The Klub is also an option .

Last edited:
They are both great stocks. For Score shooting, I found the TMBR to be more forgiving as I moved around the target. For Group shooting, the KLP tracked exceptionally well.

Take a Score target and a Group target and measure how much you have to move the gun on both...including how much movement you make when going from the record target, back to the sighter, then back to the record target again. The amount of movement will surprise you.

Here's my 30BR 10.5 lb. Light gun in a Kelbly KLP. With a HBR profile barrel, it was extremely well balanced:

qB1CXuWl.jpg

They are both great stocks. For Score shooting, I found the TMBR to be more forgiving as I moved around the target. For Group shooting, the KLP tracked exceptionally well.

Take a Score target and a Group target and measure how much you have to move the gun on both...including how much movement you make when going from the record target, back to the sighter, then back to the record target again. The amount of movement will surprise you.

Here's my 30BR 10.5 lb. Light gun in a Kelbly KLP. With a HBR profile barrel, it was extremely well balanced:

qB1CXuWl.jpg

Have you ever used a Klub?

I have a 6PPC Viper that was originally in a TMBR and I changed it to a Klub. I very much prefer the Klub. It tracks better and just plain shoots better.

Back