Jones concave base bullets

mrspradlin

Graham Wind Flags
Does anyone have any information on these bullets?

Thank you

Matt

Attachments

• IMG_3069.JPG
    IMG_3069.JPG
    539.4 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_3071.JPG
    IMG_3071.JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_3070.JPG
    IMG_3070.JPG
    188 KB · Views: 354
jones concave base bullets

I remember seeing those along time ago. A few bullet makers were doing that to the bases.
I remember Wendel Coye doing that also. Some of the shooters though it aided accuracy.

Someone will correct me if wrong - I believe the .224 & 6mm Remington BR bullets were of like style . . . not as pronounced - even more shame if I'm incorrect, as I went through the better part of 10,000 of them. :p RG

Someone will correct me if wrong - I believe the .224 & 6mm Remington BR bullets were of like style . . . not as pronounced - even more shame if I'm incorrect, as I went through the better part of 10,000 of them. :p RG

So they were primarily used in the 6BR

My first custom bullets consisted of about 175 6mm Malsby that had a slight indentation in the base. I'm pretty sure those bullets are 90% the cause of my continuation. They were really good bullets!

Thanks guys.
I found about 1500 of them in my mentors stuff that I am going to buy.

Last edited:
jones concave base bullets

Randy they shot fairly well. not quite as good as today,s bullets though.
Remington had a core lock bullet with the concave base. I had some 55gr pills that shot really well.
Today,s bullets are a lot better.

remington bullets

A couple of years ago, I bought some 22 cal 50 and 55 gr PLHP bullets that had concaved bases like that. I only shot them in a factory rifle and they shot fairly good.

Back