Jewell Trigger for savage

Bob Kingsbury

I have seen a jewell trigger for a Savage, that was a few years ago.
There is a big market out there just waiting to spend money,
What happened to them ?

I have seen a jewell trigger for a Savage, that was a few years ago.
There is a big market out there just waiting to spend money,
What happened to them ?

Bob,

This the results of Mr. Jewell and Fred Moreo... Mabe a few others....
Have shot a Model 12 with Freds true/time work with the Evolution trigger.... 2oz and "Jewell like" in consistency and quality...
www.sharpshootersupply.com << Click on the "triggers" link on the home page.

cale

Last edited:
Bob ...

I have seen a jewell trigger for a Savage, that was a few years ago. There is a big market out there just waiting to spend money, What happened to them ?

To paraphrase a conversation I had with Arnold and a separate conversation I had with his son a year or two ago, Arnold told me that they had made a few prototypes for the Savage but that they didn't meet muster. His son [who runs the shop these days] told me that as long as he was running the shop that they'd never make them. He said that he just couldn't get the quality that he was looking for.

FWIW I have had 2 different triggers from Sharp Shooter Supply. Both have been excellent, very crisp and clean, easy adjustments.

Here's my version of the Jewell principle applied to a Savage. The factory sear must be modified, but otherwise it is pretty simple. It will go down to 1.5 oz. if necessary. I like 2.5 better.

RWO

Attachments

• Savage trigger.jpg
    Savage trigger.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 2,241
Back