Jerry Meissner

We are truly diminished. He will be missed greatly by those who knew him. Our prayers go to his family in their time of grief. Rest in peace. James

I'm sorry to hear of Jerry,s passing. I knew he was having some health issues and will be missed at the matches. He and a friend that passed away a few year ago did quite a bit of old fashioned horse trading. It was fun to listen to them dicker about guns.

John

Calling Hours

From The Akron Beacon Journal:

Sunday the 18th from 2:00 - 4:00 PM. Funeral follows after 4:00 PM

Hopkins Lawver Funeral Home
547 Canton Rd. (Route 91)
Akron, OH 44312

I would call Jerry a friend,a mentor, and one of the key individuals that had helped grow our sport. He was a large presence at Chippewa Rifle Club here in Ohio. He ran the matches which started me and numerous others involved with the sport. As vice president of the club he developed the next generation of shooters. Jerry loved experimenting with new equipment and many of us at Chippewa can claim to own some of his almost new equipment. Both of my group rifles are in stocks that were once Jerry's. While he was coaching all his new students, he was also kicking all of our butts. He was one of the best 100 yard group shooters I have ever seen. He shared his time and knowledge freely without any expectations. He will be missed.

Back