Jackie's new TOY

New Toy

This is the new Rifle that I hope gets me into the 21st Century.:D

Bat Chrome Moly Two Lug 1.360 diameter, long bolt, left port, right eject.
Bob Scarborough Stock
March 50x scope mounted in Kelbly double rings on my own one piece scope rail.
Krieger Barrel
Jewel Trigger
Tuner is non metalic item I am going to try, weighs 4 ounces and is made from Nylatron, a graphite empregnated Nylon product used to make gears, levers, and other non metalic machine parts. Threads are a .900 32 tpi.

This is my first ejector Rifle, I will spend the better part of the Winter learning a new shooting style, and hopefully improving. Perhaps this Rifle will help me get there...........jackie

Last edited:
Boy, that sure didn't take long! You're just not more than clear of St Louis and here is the gun, tuner and all.

Jackie, the rifle looks good and you will get used to the ejector pretty quick, but you do realize that you are not giving yourself much room for excuses.;)
I am sure you will enjoy it and if I was to build one I would build on pretty much the same.

And

I am also picking up a brand new Drop Port Diamond Back from Jerry Stiller this week end at Denton. It will go on my Rail Gun.

I sure hope my Wife isn't reading any of this.:D..........jackie

German

Those are 9 inch diameter Rudder Post for two new 110 ft tugboats, (4500 Horse Power), that are being built down in Corpus Christi. Each Boat has two main steering rudders and four flanking rudders. The Rudder Blade welds to the bottom portion, those Stainless Steel Journals, (submerged arc welded), are what run in Bronze Bushings that are encased in a verticle rudder tube. That 4.5 inch thread secures a tiller hub on the taper and key you see at the top.

We build and repair a lot of this sort of thing, I just love it when they insist on running 10 ft draft boats in 9 feet of water........jackie

Last edited:
Nice-

Nice looking rifle, Jackie!
I really like that stock-it looks like it will track really well....

Mike Paul

Well I think you did a great job and now when it get's all rusted and gooped up with grease it will be a thing of beauty. By the way how long does that process take you?

Really good luck with it and shoot well.

Tom

Ab

I have always been a "hunter and picker", working the sighter, taking the full seven minutes for just about every group. Several shooters have told me that watching me shoot is 'darned near painful'.

Of course, there are conditions when this works great, but it is brutilly obvious that when the condition presents its self, you have to be able to get rounds on the target, and I simply cannot do this with the style of shooting that I have used for years.

First, you need a good ejector action. Getting the Rifle loaded and back on aim as quickly as possible is paramount. Second, I have to teach myself to stay on the rifle, and be willing to use the last shot as a sighter, being willing to hold and follow the condition, having faith that the Rifle will do it's part.

I told my wife that I wanted to set a bench up in our den, so I can practice cycling the Rifle, keeping one eye on the flags, and one in the scope.

This is not going to be easy, I tend to be a creature of habit. But it is either evolve, or be left behind...........jackie

In the latter days of my shooting I decided that I needed a RBLP right eject. You would not believe how fast I could screw up a group! I could almost have two bullets in the barrel at the same time and they would impact two rings apart on the target.

Those are 9 inch diameter Rudder Post for two new 110 ft tugboats, (4500 Horse Power), that are being built down in Corpus Christi. Each Boat has two main steering rudders and four flanking rudders. The Rudder Blade welds to the bottom portion, those Stainless Steel Journals, (submerged arc welded), are what run in Bronze Bushings that are encased in a verticle rudder tube. That 4.5 inch thread secures a tiller hub on the taper and key you see at the top.

We build and repair a lot of this sort of thing, I just love it when they insist on running 10 ft draft boats in 9 feet of water........jackie

Is that like when the engineer asks for 1/2" holes in 3/8" stock? :rolleyes:

Jackie,
You're new rifle will not be much faster than your old one. You need to get a Farley or other joystock rest or become a bag squeezer. That is where you will save the most time. Twirling those knobs take way too much time.
Butch

Butch,
You should send Jackie one of your co-ax tops. Tell him to try it and if he likes it send you a check, if not send it back. I'd bet he keeps it. I couldn't believe how long Jackie twiddled those knobs at Denton. Jackie you need to watch a video of yourself when you are knob twiddling. ;)

Donald

Butch

I am leaning toward bag squeezing. I will be trying some things this week end, and in the weeks to come. Old habits are hard to break.

You are probably referring to the front rest I traded Jay Lynn that action and stock for. I just wanted to make a deal, that is a nice rest, didn't want to haul the other back to Houston.

I had both a Farley and a Seb rest at the end of last Winter. Didn't care for them, but that was then.

I am not going to forget my "old style", it has served me quite well in the years past. There are times when you have to hunt and peck, and times where you have to run and gun. The second is what I need to work on.......jackie

I have noticed

whilst watching two of the Notable Group shooters, when shooting Score, will shoot 5 record shots so fast it's amazing when what they want to shoot in comes along. It is obvious they have practiced doing exactly that. I have seen one of them set several Score records doing exactly that. I also noticed their head never left the butstock or their eyes the scope when shooting. Me, every year I have said I am going to practice this all winter on the dining table but hae yet to do it; perhaps this year.

Last edited:
Back