Jackie Schmidt Wins Lake Charles, La VFS Match!!!

333smitty

Tomball Gun Club
Jackie Schmidt won the Lake Charles VFS grand agg today under some challenging conditions. Winds were WNW 10 -20 with gusts up to 25mph.
There were 15 competitors vying for top honors.

100 yards

#1 Nick Marino 250- 24x :eek: Way to go Nick

#2 Jackie Schmidt 250-22x (won on a tie breaker) :)

#3 Mike Gulliot 250-22x

200 yards

#1 Jackie Schmidt 248-8x :)

#2 Nick Marino 247-9x :)

#3 larry Tilley 246-3x

Grand Agg

#1 Jackie Schmidt 498-30x :D

#2 Nick Marino 497-33x :)

#3 Larry Tilley 492-26x

Congrats to all the winners!!!

Guess that means

Guess that means Jackie is not at the SS.....:eek:

Good shooting Jackie.... Can't believe you did not shoot clean !! Ha Ha Ha:D

Nick

What a amazing performance with a 24x count. That was quite a feat concidering it was a scored with a 30GR.

Way to go Nick. ;)

Last edited:
Great Score

Nick's Rifle was really set on a great tune, and of course, he steered it pretty darned well. I think he was shooting some of Brady Knight's Bullets and N-120 in his Grendal based 30.

24 X's in the stuff we were shooting into was an admirable feat. Heck, 24X's is admirable anywhere........jackie

Nick

Nick is always tough at the Tomball matches. Its no surprise when he shoots well. But 24x's is a lot better than just shooting "well". Thats super!

498-30X from Jackie is not real easy to accomplish either.:)

Joe

Last edited:
I see that you preloaded. Now tell us how many times you cleaned your barrel. I know your cleaning rods were calling you all day.

Cleaning

I cleaned it between the 100 and 200. Nick did the same.

You are right, it is difficult to getting used to NOT cleaning, Even after the yardage, it cleaned just as if I had shot one target.

The 30 calibers are just a different animal. That is the first time I ever shot one at 200 in a Match, I am a little unsure as to whether a 6PPC might be better at 200, the conditions were so tough that it was difficult to ascertain just how well the Rifle was shooting. The best indication was on the number 3 target at 200, the condition sort of settled, I was ableto use the same point of aim for all five shots. If I would have been shooting Group, it would have measured about a .380. I hit 3X's on that target......jackie

which one?

Jackie...did you shoot the 30BR or the 30PPC? I figure it was the BR as I have gotten the impression as of late you were moving away from the 30PPC.

Edited to add: Forgive my manners...I almost forgot to say congratulations!!

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Br

I am shooting my own version of a 30BR.

Nick was shooting his 30GR, based on the Grendal Case. It's about 1/2 way between a 30PPC and a 30BR in case capacity. We chambered up Nick a 30BR, but he never could get it to shoot as well as his 30GR. Nick says that the GR barrel is just a better barrel than the one we used for the BR. I can't argue with that........jackie

I cleaned it between the 100 and 200. Nick did the same. You are right, it is difficult to getting used to NOT cleaning, Even after the yardage, it cleaned just as if I had shot one target.

I have been shooting my 30BR in both group and score matches this year and it really makes the whole match more enjoyable. Preloaded ammo, clean twice, yak and gab all day long :D

Way to go Nick,......and Jackie too.

Nick,

It looks like you got that 30 GR working real good for you. I guess I'll have to get ahold of some of that 120 stuff. 24 x at 100 is really great, and your 200 was excellent too.

Congratulations,
Larry

Back