Jackie Schmidt - March Scope Internals

glp

Jackie,
did you ever tear into your march to take a look at how they have engineered the erector tube support and adjustment system? If so, any thoughts vs. other commonly used BR scopes? Thanks --Greg

Jackie,
did you ever tear into your march to take a look at how they have engineered the erector tube support and adjustment system? If so, any thoughts vs. other commonly used BR scopes? Thanks --Greg

I got as far as the reticle mount. I'm going to chuck the thing up and part the tube in half. Everything is glued. Give me a day or two.

I offered him money for it, but he wants to "look" at it.
Me thinks it is to late.

March Scope internals

There was a story floating around a while back,that somebody dropped a March Scope on a concrete surface. The Scope came apart from the impact and the internals were exposed. Perhaps a witness to this occurrence will chime in and share more details.

Glenn

I'd still like to know how that scope came apart on impact. Dented body, busted lens, messed up internals, yes....but complete separation? Not saying it didn't happen, but like many I'm curious as to the details.

-Lee
www.singleactions.com

Don't know if story is about me. I had a rifle fall off of a bench in KC and land scope first on concrete. After adjusting POI, think I had a decent yardage w it. Next time I used it, it was al over the place.

When it fell it landed at an angle smashing both turret caps. Emailed March, told them what happened. They replied if it needed a new tube it would be $500 . Sent it in, got it back in two weeks. They were great.

I got as far as the reticle mount. I'm going to chuck the thing up and part the tube in half. Everything is glued. Give me a day or two.

Take a day off Jackie.......play Boss for a day and CUT THAT THING OPEN PLEASE!!! I want gutpiles....and pix of gutpiles even if Wilbur don't like 'em.....

The vultures are circling

Gonna' be a whole new set if innernet rumors going all virally if'n you don't get to hackin' ;)

:)

al

I'm havin a hard time

The last post in this thread http://benchrest.com/showthread.php?85151-Internal-organs-of-a-March-scope/page3 has a photo of a disassembled March scope.

trying to figure out how the pieces in that gut pile relate to one another. :)

Without a narrative comparing the March with the strengths and weaknesses of other brands it hard to tell just how the March stacks up. All the reports seem to be very positive and it would be nice to know if the good reports are rooted in actual superior design and construction. The darn things cost so much! Like they used to say back in the radio only days on a Sunday, just "put your hand on the radio" but I just can't bring myself to shell out that much money without knowing the skinny.

Last edited:
Dropped March

Yes! I admit I dropped a March scope on a concrete floor. It bent the elevation turret. I checked into return for repair. It
was a hassel to ship ect. It still works fine and I use it all the time. It is built real well to withstand that drop. The scope cap
will not screw down anymore. Michael

Yes! I admit I dropped a March scope on a concrete floor. It bent the elevation turret. I checked into return for repair. It
was a hassel to ship ect. It still works fine and I use it all the time. It is built real well to withstand that drop. The scope cap
will not screw down anymore. Michael

During the early production stages of the March Scope,I saw pictures of the Manufacturers performing some sort of impact test using a purposefully designed laboratory device. Of course, that test did not involve dropping an optical device(Scope) on a concrete surface. That type of test, impact with concrete surfaces, is,unfortunately, reserved for the March scope owner and Television Ads.:)

I would still send it to the US Distributor for their inspection, and if necessary,repairs.

Glenn

Back