Isabella County Sportsman's Club 100 Yd Group Shoot This Saturday, May 13!

pikedrop

The Isabella County Sportsman's Club & Jay's Sporting Goods of Clare & Gaylord, MI will be hosting a 100 yard group shoot this coming Saturday, May 13, 2017. The match starts at 10:00 am. First place in both classes (Factory & LV/HV) wins $20.00 cash plus a $20.00 gift card from Jay's Sporting Goods! Second place wins $10.00 and third place (if there are enough competitors) wins $5.00. The lowest group shot counts towards the Brian Albee Memorial $50.00 Award. Jeff Aberegg is sponsoring this award. Thank you Jeff!

There is a case capacity of .308 Win or less. See the attachment.

So come one and come all to the Isabella County Sportsman's Club this Saturday. Bring your best rifle and best load. You are gonna need it! Coffee and donuts will be served in the range shack.

Just the messenger boy...

Matt

Attachments

• 2017 Isabella Match Schedule 5-9-17.pdf
    106 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Matt tells me that there will be a few changes this time, all done to make shooting easier and more fun.

All registration, coffee and donuts, get your targets, etc, will be in the range house right behind the 100 yd. line. No need to stop up at the main clubhouse.

To make it easier for Matt and helpers, all shooting will be on the 100 yd. line only. There should be no need to spend a lot of time erecting target frames, etc. Also, it's much easier for a range officer to do his job when he can see the entire line.

All scoring will be done in the big room where we register. We will find a good place to hang targets after they are scored. We will also print out the standings after each match and hang it on the building.

The range gates will be open at 8 AM. We start shooting promptly at 10 AM so get there early enough to set up your equipment and have some time for coffee, etc, before we shoot.

Special treat... the donuts will be from Cops & Donuts in Clare. If you haven't been there, you are missing a special place and the best donuts in the world... at least.

If there's more, we will post it.

Dick

It is sure going to be tough to miss those donuts, but I am manning the Tawas range this weekend and i'm not much of a group shooter. I'll be front and center at your next Score match. See you then.

Andy,

I've never really understood why a lot of shooters shy away from a group match. Everybody shoots groups to work up loads for and sight in their rifles... like everybody. Trust me... it's just exactly like it was when you were trying to decide on a load.

No criticism here... you are not the only one. I ran into the same thing many times in all the years we ran matches in Harrison. I just don't understand it... there's no difference.

See you next match.

Dick

Back