Is Photobucket pissing...

As far as I am aware, we have always been able to upload, as long as the file was not too large, but I like putting up big, frame filling images that have lots of detail. Using a third party free hosting site for me, is really no big deal. I uploaded this one directly from my computer starting with the manage attachments button below this composition frame. Click on the thumbnail if you want to see a larger version.

Attachments

• All pictures from old computer 168.jpg
    All pictures from old computer 168.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 211
Last edited:
That really comes out like Wilbur needing to do more work so that you can avoid the effort of opening a free account and learning how to use it, sort of the opposite of thanking him for all the work that he does. This took almost no time to post. Picking out which one took a lot longer.
FRPC bench side by boydallen, on Flickr

Photobucket has been emailing me every day. Telling me about the bad things that would happen if I didn't give them $400.00. I've been ignoring them but I get two mails today. My reply... "and the horse you rode in on".

Maybe they will go away. I have every picture they have stored in my Mac and a 'elluva lot more. Since I found out how much easier Imgur is I just don't need them and their aggravation.

It a big hell yes from me. It took me several minutes to fight my way through the ads just to get to my pics. Then things moved at glacial speed.

Photobucket

That really comes out like Wilbur needing to do more work so that you can avoid the effort of opening a free account

Sorry, didn't mean to make it sound that way.

As far as free, PB was. No longer. Not going to move 1000+ photos or pay $400.

Without a spam blocker installed, navigation on PB is almost impossible.

Have a great day. :)

Sorry, didn't mean to make it sound that way.

As far as free, PB was. No longer. Not going to move 1000+ photos or pay $400.

Without a spam blocker installed, navigation on PB is almost impossible.

Have a great day. :)

Just now, when I was on Photobucket there was an offer to be able to go ad free for $2.49 per month. If I ever figure out how to actually move images, rather than just link to them, that might be a good idea for a month. As it stands, I think that I have all of the images one place or another on my computer. I have been able to move the ones that I have organized into one folder in my computer into Flickr, in a single drag and drop move, it just took a few minutes to upload. I have a decent connection speed.

I've recently gotten a couple emails from PB saying that I would be restricted from using PB to host pics to third party sites like this UNLESS I wanted to get a paid for account of some type. Nothing else would change.

This is a big image (2592 x 1944) that I am going to try to put on this forum from Imgur without resizing it. Let's see what happens. Added later: It seems that the image was not cropped when I pasted the link into the composition frame for this post.
txkBjFL.jpg

Last edited:
Back