Is Brasso Safe

abbydad

I like my reloads to look fresh & new. Is there any potential harm to cartridge, chamber or barrel if cartridges are polished with Brasso then wiped with a clean cloth?

Last edited:
I like my reloads to look fresh & new. Is there any potential harm to cartridge, chamber or barrel if cartridges are polished with Brasso then wiped with a clean cloth?

As long as you get ALL the Brasso off, no harm at all. But a product that does not have the abrasive that Brasso has is Krazy Kloth. And it works better than the new "safer" formulation of Brasso. IMHO

David

Now and then

Every now and then I give my brass a swill around in some CTC. It is a solvent for carbon and evaporates completly. Leaving the brass looking like new inside and out.
Andy.

My Brasso is not the new "safer" formula. It's the old stinky stuff in the tin can, probably left over from my days with uncle Sam. Maybe that's why I found it to be more effective for me than the Krazy Kloth. I'll wipe it well. Thanks!

Try Flitz metal polish its non abrasive and works very well on brass. it also leaves a coating on the brass that last for a long time that keeps brass from turning back and after you shoot powder ring on necks will wipe off very easily.

The Brasso that I have contains ammonia and I wouldn't use it on my brass. Try some "Never Dull" it works well.

Dick

suggest you try M.A.A.S. metal cleaner/polish made in Ohio.....available somewhere in Wal Mart. Chuckle, I've even used it to polish inside reloading dies and on patches to run down a bore. Kinda surprised on what I got out of my bore. Chuckle, can remember a post on the Surplus Rifle website, made by someone prepresenting themself as being with MAAS, suggesting it would be good to use to polish a rifle chamber.

Back