IMR8208XBR and accurate scales

Tom, I gotta ask, what was your yardage agg ??

I hope I'm not being offensive by asking, not my intention at all. Just wondering how the load shot the rest of the morning?

Pat B

I was having a good view at the 200 that day, you know once and a while you just see almost all of it, flags, point of aim, gun handling almost. All of the groups except the last were in the 10 ring.

On 1st match lost one took a small 3 to .505
On 2nd match lost one tood a low 3 to .556
On 3rd match finally keep them together for a .194
On 4th match did it just like the 4th match but smaller .093
On 5th match almost again only 3 together lost 4th put 5th between .474

for 5th in the yardage 1824 agg 2600 for 100 yd agg and 27th in the grand.

Thanks for asking.

Tom Libby

Having been to palm desert a few times in the past, I can only assume
it would be a tough place to tune a gun. can you tell us how early in the
morning you have to get up to do this. How does 8208 respond to
that climate.

Bob

I am lucky in terms of living were I do as I can drive 4 hours to AZ for the shoot and 5 hours to Visalia to shoot, although it is not as close to a lot or ranges as back east, it gives me starting in the month of February two shoots to go to. We use to be able to go to San Gabriel and Las Vegas but they closed those ranges.

So the only tuning and shooting I have done has been at the shoots, having my wife shoot and not wanting her to shoot bad I really try extra hard to make things work for her and most of the time using the same load she will out shoot me.

I do have to give credit to my friend Lou Murdica for letting me use the tunnel on occasion but that has only been just in the past couple of years or so. We really do not have any place to practice here were I live. I do feel that going to as many shoots as possible has helped me and I feel that I have great equipment.

Not sure I really answered your question or I just gave you the long winded answer.

Thanks Tom

Jerry;
I have been using some LC12214 which has served me well, except it is so awful dirty. Am about to get into a jug of TW18104. Give me your thoughts on both of these please. Thanks...

Joe

Jerry;
I have been using some LC12214 which has served me well, except it is so awful dirty. Am about to get into a jug of TW18104. Give me your thoughts on both of these please. Thanks...

Joe
Sorry Joe, these 2 lots I have never shot. Clay Spencer (Spencer Rifle Barrels) has more data and more accurate data of the various 8208's than anyone I know. The data I have logged is pretty much random.

Please let us know how the TW18104 works out.

I will Jerry. Bought it from Ron about 6 yrs. ago along with the other at the SS. Ken Turner has been using it. He'd be the one to ask. Judging from the interest he showed in what I've got, I'm thinking I should've bought all Ron had...

Joe

Back