Images From the Year

TomD

e publius unum
Tomorrow I'm entering a local photo contest that's fairly hotly contested. Last year I entered with visions of sweeping everything but reality intruded, though I did stagger away with a couple of limp ribbons. You'd be surprised at the parallels to BR competitions, you think you're a shooting god until you come up against people with equipment and dedication similar to your's.

Any rate, these are my entries.

WingsofMercy.jpg

WhosThere.jpg

TheGuardian.jpg

SunsetCotton.jpg

LightattheEndoftheTunnel2.jpg

DonQuijote.jpg

BigGulp.jpg

ArchesSeenDimly.jpg

alittlenipintheair.jpg

They're all good, but I'll put my money on the sunset cotton.

Jim

I like the Fair ride. The girl with the blonde highlites is relaxed and carefree, hair blowing with the wind , The other is rigid and braced, with no hair out of place. A nice contrast . I agree with Jim tho they're all good.

Tom like you I think the statue is a winner.
My personal pref is the first tunnel shot but that is because of the colors and texture.

Roger, either that or she's just suicidal. And as if you ever needed more proof that puke will peel paint,,,,, just look at the front of the ride.....

BTW: That's quite some image viewer Wilbur has installed on the forum!

Below are a shots from Tropical Storm Debby last Sunday as 50+ mph winds were stirring things up on the Panhandle. It's hard to get a sense of the scale of things but some of the waves approached 20 feet but the really big ones were breaking way out.

DSC0180t-1.jpg

DSC0068-1.jpg

The pic you posted a while ago with the young gal riding the mechanical bull would have been a good entry.
I still dream about her every once in a while.....

Hi Tom, I tweeted this to Erik Wahl, if you're not familiar with him, check out this youtube tribute of him sketching Steve Jobs' portrait upside down. He has a reputation for hiding his works in America and giving clues so whoever finds the work keeps it (this one's gone) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68GNoqB9zSk.

His tweet response was 'great pics, good luck'. Erik's facebook page is http://www.facebook.com/iamerikwahl, amazing creativity, check it out (get in touch with him directly).
cheers
Vera

Back