I'm baack

M

Mike Marcelli

Well almost, I still have to get, oh, everything else, but here's my first return to BR competition purchase.

IMG_0278.jpg

Close up of Bob's new HV weight system.
IMG_0279.jpg

Right side of stock. (The USPS already "modified" it, note the ding on the bottom of the weight system and this thing was wrapped in a mile of bubble wrap. The box looks like someone tried to wrap it around a pole.)

IMG_0282.jpg

L side of the stock.

IMG_0281.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike...

What are your plans for action, barrel and scope for this project? That is a great looking stock and weight system.

Jim

What are your plans for action, barrel and scope for this project? That is a great looking stock and weight system.

Jim

I'm going to go with a 3-Lug -- I just like that action, either a Kreiger or Bartlein barrel and likely a March Scope.

I've decided to go back to basics. Sticking with one gun, so I'll put all top shelf components on it.

"Beware of the man with one gun, as he knows well how to use it....."

Let me know when you go to break it in.....

Nice

I shot just to the right of Hovice at Rachels Glenn, and his Rifle featured that Barrel Block Scoville Stock. Looked great, and shot quite well........jackie

Nice looking stock!
I am somewhat surprised though that no one remarked on the nice looking table it's sitting on.

Mike, a little sabatical to regroup and recharge the batteries of enthusiasm never hurts. Glad to hear you are ready to go again. I look forward to seeing and shooting with you. Keep in touch.

Later,

Gene Beggs

Glad to see you getting back into it, Mike. :)

That's a great stock setup. I assume you'll be shooting a shortened 22PPC case? Are you still making your own bullets? -Al

When is Danny coming back?

Stephen Perry
Angeles BR

You'll have to ask him. He's been busy launching his new energy co. It seems to be picking up steam, so I predict you'll be seeing him more and more.

Glad to see you getting back into it, Mike. :)

That's a great stock setup. I assume you'll be shooting a shortened 22PPC case? Are you still making your own bullets? -Al

I sold all the bullet making stuff, including my magic .22 dies. So, I'll be shooting a 6 mm purchasing bullets -- most likely Barts or Brunos (in no particular order) if they'll sell them to me.

If you've ever made bullets, you know it takes some time to work out and be able to rely on your process. Its like riding a bike. Sure you can pick up a bike and ride it, but you won't be riding wheelies down the street until you get the right "balance" back.

When I was making bullets for sale, I had the "balance" perfect and was punching out some great bullets. As I slowed production, I lost some of that "balance" and started blaming bad results on bullets. Whether this was true or not, there are too many things that can go wrong to doubt any one piece of equipment, sooo . . . no bullet making for me -- at least not for a while. ;)

New Gun

Mike, looks like the start of a great gun. I think it should be called the "Funny People" gun. ...Dave

If you've ever made bullets, you know it takes some time to work out and be able to rely on your process. Its like riding a bike. Sure you can pick up a bike and ride it, but you won't be riding wheelies down the street until you get the right "balance" back. ;)

I know what you mean, Mike. :) The most satisfying thing I've done in BR is making, and winning, with my own bullets. :) The first time I went to the range to test my own bullets is something I'll never forget. When the first 3 went through the same hole...well...it was like Chevy Chase said in Vacation: 'We'll have smiles permanently tatooed on our faces and we'll be singing 'Zippedee-doo-dah' out our azzes!" :D

Great to see 'ya back..always enjoy your posts. -Al

Welcome to the return of Dago- without bullets

I'm going to go with a 3-Lug -- I just like that action, either a Kreiger or Bartlein barrel and likely a March Scope.

I've decided to go back to basics. Sticking with one gun, so I'll put all top shelf components on it.

I knew it wouldn't be long before you were back. Just because your back doesn't mean I'm going to coach you on how to shoot properly. LOL :D

I've got some Dagos left, Zeros, or Fatties, I think.....

I can let some go to the highest bidder.....

Just kidding, I wouldn't know what else to use, I have only shot Marcellis since I started, many years ago.....

Besides, like the name says, Dago => __________________ => in one hole.....:D

Mike,
I have what you could probably call the twin to that gun. The only difference is hte weight system. I wanted the changable kneels. The adjustable bedding block isn't all that bad to get set but I would recommend staying with the same barrel and profile with shank length to make it a little easier. If you don't use a krieger, bartlien or a barrel with the same shank size (like a shilen) you'll have to have the barrel profiled at the shank to 30mm. I learned a trick to level the barrel to the stock so if you have any trouble, PM me. My gun will return to Point of aim within 1/8 to 1/4 everytime now that I learn the bag setup. Makes it very quick but that is usually my problem....shooting to fast. I'm having trouble figuring my powder out in large temp swings but other than that, the gun can win anytime.

Hovis

You are a Bad Boy

... and finished tenth in HV 100 with one of my barrels. He used a two-lug Bat, the barrel was a Kreiger 13 1/2 and Hottenstein boat tail bullets with 133.

I worked with Bob for a day or two shooting that gun before the match and it shot well both with and without the weight.

What Scoville didn't tell you was that the weight is filled with an elastomer gell that is used to make breast implants. The biggest problem that I had with shooting the gun with the weight in place was fighting the impulse to massage it between shots.

Feeling up your stock huh. Shame on you. I think You changed your mind and are going to shoot in the World in SA. Is it true? PM me ----Bill

Back