If I could not get n133 ,which powder

Harwal

If I could not get N133 what powders would be the next best selection in a 6 ppc. awile back IMR xbr 8208 was suppose be good. Now its LT-32. Benchmark was also suppose to do ok along with H322. If you could grade them accordingly on a scale of say 1 to 10 with 1 being the best I would appreciate it. With the availability issues I need to have a back up plan.Thanks, Bruce

If I could not get N133 what powders would be the next best selection in a 6 ppc. awhile back IMR xbr 8208 was suppose be good. Now its LT-32. Benchmark was also suppose to do ok along with H322. If you could grade them accordingly on a scale of say 1 to 10 with 1 being the best I would appreciate it. With the availability issues I need to have a back up plan.Thanks, Bruce

In the past these were the best bet in order of most used: Vihtavuori N133, H322, and then Benchmark. I'm not sure where 8208 or LT-32 would fit in now. Maybe someone else can answer that. I've always been able maintained a good backup supply of N133, as it's my personal powder of choice for the 6PPC. :)

In the past these were the best bet in order of most used: Vihtavuori N133, H322, and then Benchmark. I'm not sure where 8208 or LT-32 would fit in now. Maybe someone else can answer that. I've always been able maintained a good backup supply of N133, as it's my personal powder of choice for the 6PPC. :)

Yeah, Working on the back up supply myself , Inquiring just in case. Thanks for your help

Norma 201

Harwal

In the early days of the 6PPC some HOF shooters used Norma 201.
Names like Mr. Hollister, Mr. Masker and Mr. Maretzo comes to mind.
A popular load was 29.5 grain / 68 bullet....start low and work up!!

Regards,

Magnus Sigurdsson
Reykjavik
ICELAND

The LT32 is being well spoken of by many top shooters. And it meters EXTREMELY well. Can use a powder measure again. No more batteries. The pulldown 8208 is still used by many, but it is a powder you need to buy LOTS of when you find a lot you like. So you have enuf to use for a few years.

The LT32 is being well spoken of by many top shooters. And it meters EXTREMELY well. Can use a powder measure again. No more batteries. The pulldown 8208 is still used by many, but it is a powder you need to buy LOTS of when you find a lot you like. So you have enuf to use for a few years.

I was leaning towards the LT 32 . It surprised me that it was not listed on the equipment list at the supershoot. I guess most of the top shooters have tons of N133 to use up and no worries when it comes to powder supply. Thanks again for your input. Bruce

Back