If anybody must know; Bill Ackerman is still doing it.

VaniB

Seems to be some rumors out there on this websight that he's no longer providing his services. Well.....I was on the phone this morning with him and he's still alive.... and well.... and doing it....and not planning on retiring anytime soon!

BTW When providing an Email address on these threads....the wrong address oscope@aol.com will cause your email to kick back....adding to the eroneous "He's out of business" rumor. The proper address is osscope@aol.com

Weaver scope repairs

VaniB,

That`s good news! Thanks for the correct contact info.

Mr. VANIB,
I guess that I am confused about your post. You decided on your own that I am a pain in the ASS to deal with. Reread your post.
Butch

Pia

Hello, VANIB -
as for Butch Lambert, I can attest to this -I've bought a rifle from him, and I am very satisfied with both the quality of the rifle & his expertise, patience & demeanor in answering all of my many questions regarding said rifle. Butch has also been kind enough to answer a lot of my questions, and others', both on this forum and in private emails, and has never exhibited any sort of PIA behavior.
Being "fussy" or "a target shooter" as you suggest you are is no excuse for an abnormal lack of social skills.
Steve Long.

Seems to be some rumors out there on this websight that he's no longer providing his services. Well.....I was on the phone this morning with him and he's still alive.... and well.... and doing it....and not planning on retiring anytime soon!

BTW When providing an Email address on these threads....the wrong address oscope@aol.com will cause your email to kick back....adding to the eroneous "He's out of business" rumor. The proper address is osscope@aol.com

Glad you got it figured out.

In the previous thread, I simply copied and pasted his information from the Sinclair site. That is where I got my information from.

If it has caused you too much trouble, I suggest you take it up with them, and have them change Bill's email address to the correct one. I was merely trying to help and lead you in the right direction.

My apologies to Butch Lambert for my having joked and suggested that perhaps he was a "PIA". I have removed the offensive posts. It was my feeble attempt at humor, and I did not mean to attack his integrity. I am sorry I made this unwarranted remark. I suppose there's a big difference between smacking a friend on the back while jokingly calling him a PIA or other such name.....and trying this same thing with somebody else who you don't really know! My formal apology to Butch.

I owe no apologies to anybody else on this thread, as this thread neither mentioned their name, nor addressed them. I will not be made the whipping post for others who wish to use me as a means for enhancing or showing off their friendship to Butch. (aka; ass kissing) Nor, will I allow myself to become the subject of pile-on gang mentality. If anybody has any further comments to make to me, KINDLY SEND THEM DIRECTLY TO ME, AND I WILL RESPOND IN KIND.

I believe this thread has run it's course, and the moderators are welcome to lock it.

Just delete your original message and repost the Ackerman information.

Glenn:D

Many things...

I seem to remember he does something with scopes. But exactly what services does he offer?

Bill installs reticles and repairs many brands of scopes. He used to be the MAN for repair of the old style Weaver T-Series scopes...probably still is. It is best to call him to address your particular problem.

virg

Back