Identify Rimfire Barrel

Can anyone identify this barrel? No markings except the white sticker.
I think we are going to need a little more information. Where did it come from? Is it really a .22 barrel? What is the number of lands and grooves? Even with that info my best guess would be it came off of a Remington 40X probably rimfire but maybe center fire.
If you can push rimfire bullet through it, you may be able to tell the number of lands and grooves and if they are straight sided or canted.
If straight it could be Lilja or Hart if canted probably Shilen ratchet or maybe Muller 4 MI. Sorry I can be more helpful.
TKH

Last edited:
Additional information: it's one of two identical barrels from a .22lr benchrest rifle. Neither barrel is marked so they are likely neither Shilen nor Lilja. I was told the rifle was built by an east coast gunsmith who specializes in benchrest rifles and always provides a second barrel of equal performance. The assembled rifle has a 40X receiver and McMillan stock. The trigger is set at two ounces.

You have been mis informed on the 2nd bbl deal, Few built guns with 2nd unless requested.
As Tony stated, slug it or find somebody with a borescope, if it’s 6 groove, likely a Lilja, if 4 a Shilen

Is the barrel reverse taper? Picture kinda looks like it.
Todd
Nope. Straight with 11 degree crown. My gunsmith believes it started out as a Shilen blank and was machined to match the Remington 40X receiver by an old school master machinist. As soon as I get a scope mounted I'll post some targets.

The area where the 1.200 section ends and transitions to straight is more steep than Shilen usually is. The contour looks like hart does. We have never used a Lilja R series barrel so I don't know what it looks like. Its possible it could have been changed in this area to.
Todd

The area where the 1.200 section ends and transitions to straight is more steep than Shilen usually is. The contour looks like hart does. We have never used a Lilja R series barrel so I don't know what it looks like. Its possible it could have been changed in this area to.
Todd
The orginal gunsmith could have changed the contour to suit his preferences.

Back