IBS Score Nats. at Ashe county

steve stanley

I want to Thank and congratulate E.T. Weaver and his whole crew on a successful IBS Score Nationals this past weekend, the match was well run and the hospitality was second to none. Everyone went out of their way to help and to make you feel welcome. They should be proud of the great number of club members that worked to make this match a success, fantastic club participation, whole families were working the match, so many clubs struggle to get help from their club member for matches but that doesn't appear to be the case at Ashe Co.You will not go hungry at an ACWC match as they put on a spread second to none, they had a whole hog on the pit at 5 am Friday morning for lunch on Saturday with fresh corn on the cob, red potato's baked beans, coleslaw, potato salad and deserts galore and on Sunday they BBQ'd chicken and hotdogs to supplement the pork, fantastic food all around. They have a great facility, it is plain to see that a huge amount of work and money has been put into this range and they have a facility to be proud of. They also had a great bunch of prizes for the match and door prizes as well from a great bunch of vendors, they support us please support them. I hope someone will post the entire list but off the top of my head, Nightforce , Bat mfg., Lilja barrels, Bartlien barrels, James Lederer barrels, Hornady, Wilson dies, BIB bullets, EPS bullets, Hensley flags, Halblom flags,Harrell's scope rings, Shilen trigger, MiwayUSA. I'm sure I probably forgot some, but I'm old and have CRS so this is the best i can do. I'm sure Dick will have the result on IBS website soon but the highlights are Kevin Donalds sr. won VFS Grand, KL Miller won Hunter Grand and Dean Breeden won the 2-gun and crushed the record by 7 x's I believe, refer back to the previous CRS disclaimer. :) So Thanks again to Ashe Co and congrats to all that shot well and it was good to see old friends and to meet some new ones. I hope to see ya'll again somewhere down the line.

Thanks to all the workers and sponsors

As the Match Director of the Nationals at Ashe County, my name gets posted and I get credit and I sincerely appreciate it. Thank you, Steve. But, the 40-plus folks who helped put on a fine shoot, the veteran shooters, the I.B.S leadership who gave us advice, and the sponsors who contributed so many prizes are the ones who made the shoot exceptional. I will not mention names for fear of missing someone but I am going to bragg just a little for them. Here goes: our food group smoked a whole hog (and stayed thru the night) for 16 hours. Then, they slow-grilled chicken for Sunday and members fixed many sides and desserts. One non-member bought supplies, baked cupcakes, and prepared tea and lemonade. She was there thru the whole event, helping. I guarantee you can attend a hundred shoots and never find better food than we served. Our target crew has the procedure down pat, period. Someone put a stop watch on the crew at 100 yds. and 30 targets were changed and backers taped in under 6 minutes, start to finish. Try it sometime ! Our scoring crew, who has the most critical task but gets the least recognition and visability, received only one official protest , both days (and it was a tough one). I've never been to another shoot where there was only one protest in 2 days. And, both our Range Officers who ran the shoots did a super job. Also, we had several young 4-H members who are learning how things work and are and will be great helpers. One day they may even run the whole show. Finally, the sponsors who responded and gave are listed below (not in any particular order). I hope the entire benchrest community remembers who is on this list (and who isn't !!!).

Davidson's Gallery of Guns
Nightforce
L.E. Wilson
David Holblom Tails
Miller Bullets
Dittman Flag Poles
Smiley Hensley Flags
E.P.S Bullets
Graham Flags
Lilja Barrels
Bat Machine
Lynwood Harrell
Decot Hy-Wad
PMA Tool
Shadetree Engineering
Henry Rivers
B.I.B
Randolph Machine
Pacific Tool and Gage
Midway U.S.A.
Redding
Shilen Rifles
Bartlein Barrels
James Lederer Barrels
Mike Nibblet

While bragging, I can't leave out the reason we do this,,, the shooters ! Without good people supporting us, the shoot does not go on ! Thanks to all who attended. We really appreciate you !!!!! Sincerely, E.T. Weaver, Ashe County Wildlife Club

Last edited by a moderator:
ET- You and your team are to be congratulated for a fantastic shop. I understand your range and other facilities are world-class only surpassed by Ashe County's hospitality.

Jeff Stover
IBS President

Mainiacs Agree!

I won't repeat all the verbiage but everything was outstanding....kudos to Ashe County from the Mainiacs and thanks.

Back