IBS Meeting & Voting

every member can vote by proxy. Each person attending can hold 1 proxy from a non attending IBS member. You need to find someone to carry your written proxy vote.--Greg

Exactly as Greg stated , one member can carry and vote one proxy vote for a member not attending.

I am guessing the rules were set up this way so a single person cannot control the meeting bringing large number of proxy's. It can be found in the Bylaws

"Section 4. Voting.
1. Each Individual or Associate or Life Member is entitled to one vote.
2. Each Individual or Associate or Life Member may designate any
other Individual or Life Member as proxy provided written
authorization is filed with the Executive Secretary. Such authorization
shall be valid for only one meeting. An Individual or Life Member may
accumulate no more than one (1) proxy at any meeting.

3. "

Executive Secretary

Will an email to:
Executive Secretary is Jim Goody

Do the trick ? Or is there a form letter that I need to send in ?

Jerry,
Typically a written, or typed but signed proxy is placed in the possession of the person you are entrusting to vote your vote. There is no Special form just write.

" ___________ has my proxy to vote in my absence whenever such votes are allowable. At the IBS Annual Meeting January,24 2009

_____________________"

Jerry,

As Dick has posted, you give your proxy to an attending member. His or her vote will then count twice...

meeting

does anyone know where the meeting is going to be held thanks bill

Bill...

does anyone know where the meeting is going to be held thanks bill

its right on the IBS webpage....

2009 IBS Membership Meeting

January 23-24, 2009
Harrisburg Holiday Inn & Conference Center
New Cumberland, Pa. 17070
717-774-2721
Friday- Social time starting at 7.00 p.m.
Saturday- Membership meeting 9.00 a.m.

Ask for the special IBS Rate

Special Note if they cannot find the IBS Rate tell them International Benchrest Shooters

Word I got from Francis B. is the Holiday inn is full and the Best western is closed due to frozen pipes so if you need a room try the comfort inn.

Holiday Inn Still has rooms

It turns out there are rooms left at the holiday Inn. The IBS special rate expired 3 weeks before the meeting but they supposedly have a few smoking rooms available as of this morning.

Dick

Back