IBS 1000 Yard Shooter of the Year

Danny Brooks

I asked and recieved the unofficial word yesterday from Phillip Yott that Robert (Bob ) Rosen, of Virginia, is the IBS 1000 Yard Shooter of the Year, 2009.

Bob has labored very much to achieve this goal. He has been very consistent and focused towards this title all year. This is the first time that Bob has won 1000 Yard SoY. I know that he is either sleeping well for the first time in a couple of months or dancing on the bed, to the dismay of his wife, as I type this.

If the IBS Long Range committee will allow me to do so, I would like to be the one to present the Hart trophy and the newer IBS trophy to Bob at the IBS Winter Meeting in January. It would be an honor for me to do so. The only other shooter that I know of that has worked so hard to gain this title is Phillip Yott himself.

Bob, Congratulations, you earned this old fashioned way.Enjoy this as I know it is not an easy feat to accomplish. You have set a fine example to your grandson Clay, who I expect one day will win this same award himself.

And I speak for Phillip, Lee, and myself, Bob, take care of our trophies for the next year, as all of us want them back.:D

Again, Bob, CONGRATULATIONS. Enjoy it.

Danny

Good Shooting!

Congratulations.........:) all that hard work finally paid off in a big way.

Congratulations Bob. You are a fine gentleman, great shooter and well deserving of this accomplishment.

Congratulations Bob from all of the guys at the Harry Jones 1000 yd club.

Congratulations Bob from all of the West Virginia gang and Tim Gardner you well deserve the moment .
Thanks for your great effort to our sport Dreams do come true .
Stan:D

The Man

Nice Christmas gift for Bob. All that stock polishing has finally paid off.:D
I think he blinds all the other shooters on the line with his alum. stock.
Merry Christmas Bob. See you at the World Open, Gerry Nordmann

Bob is one of those good guys that you like to see them succeed and win. Whenever I see Bob at a match I always tell him, "Win, loose, or draw.. its always a pleasure shooting with you!"

He told me that he was spending a lot of time/money this year trying for the SOTY title at the Nationals.

My hats off to you Bob! And I wouldn't doubt your grandson would very likely add his name to that same trophy in the future.

Steve

S.o.t.y.

CONGRATS TO YOU MR.BOB ROSEN!!!
Best of luck in the future to you and Clay!

Matt D.:D

CONGRATULATIONS..............Bob your a true gentleman and a credit to the sport.

Congratulations Bob - great job I know how much work goes into achieving this award.

As soon as Phillip has compiled the list we will post the SOY standings, there are a number of IBS records that were set this year that impact the standings and we are waiting confirmation of the records from the records committe.

That being said Bob is still on the top of the list of some very distinguished shooters -Conrgratulations again Bob!

Lee

I want to thank each one who posted here, called on the telephone or e-mailed me regarding SOY. It is a great pleasure and honor to be associated with the people in 1000 yard shooting.

Bob

Congrats Bob! My dad called me at work today to let me know. That's a great accomplishment!
~Jon & Shannon Ammerman~

Congratulations Bob.

Nice shooting the whole year! Good to see you at the W.O. and WV matches.

Jeff in OH

Bob,

Good job and great shooting. It obviously takes a great shooter to pull "Shooter of the year" off. I hope you feel good about yourself and your great accomplishment. What equipment did you use to open up that can!!!? Tell us your story!

Tom Sarver
TVP

Back