I recently

M

Max Shaffer

Scope troubles

I recently purchased a 6X24X scope to use in informal 50 yard benchrest. Factory sporter at 6X and ultimate sporter at 24X. This scope is marked at a minimun distance of 50 yards for parrallax adjustment. Unfornately it will only go to about 60 yards. It has an estimated 3/8" parrallax error at 50 yards using a grid pattern to check at 50 yards. I have sent this scope back to the factory service department twice. Talked to the service manager twice. He claimes the scope will focus to 50 yards. I have been using parrallax adjustable scopes for nearly 40 years and feel like I understand and am able to focus PA. This scope has a fine crosshair, target knobs with 1/8" click adjustments. It is suberb optically, but not usable as is. I have a couple cheaper 6X24 scopes that will focus to 25 yards or are marked as such and they will focus at 50 yards, but they have coarser crosshairs, 1/4" clicks and are not as sharp. Can anyone recomend a shop who I can check with and see if they will try to fix the scope? Thanks for any and all suggestions. Max

Last edited by a moderator:
Back