I learned something about benchrest shooting today

Bill Wynne

Today I shot a few rounds in my shop. 50 yards, temperature in the 70's and no wind at all with the doors shut.

I would say these are ideal conditions.

I was shooting some ammo that I was not confident of. After warming up and shooting about 12 50/50 bulls and having several real fliers, I mean the kind that go out to the eight ring. I stopped and cleaned my rifle and tuner and started thinking. I tighten up what I could on my Pappas rest and started over,

Eureka! Things came together. 250 with 16 Xs. I had just about convinced myself that the ammo was bad. Tightening everything that had something to tighten was the answer. If I had been sighted in better, I would have had more Xs.

We will never stop learning in this game.

Concho Bill

Bill be carefull, you don't want to over think this BR stuff. HA
Jim
:D

Bill,

What exactly did you "tighten up" that were causing errors of that magnitude?

Inquiring minds want (need) to know!

Thanks,
Landy

Bill,

What exactly did you "tighten up" that were causing errors of that magnitude?

Inquiring minds want (need) to know!

Thanks,
Landy

Like Jim says, "You don't want to over think this stuff." What I tightened were the three base screws and the post screw. I think it was to post screw that did the most.

My "shop" is 175' long. I have recently sold my business and much of my equipment, so now I am left with this big building and a bullet trap and a bench and time on my hands. What can I do?

Concho Bill

Label

I added this to my rest to remind me .

34ox6pw.jpg

jim

Remove the caution part and your sign tells us everything we need to know about our beloved game. We could paste them on our foreheads. bob

My "shop" is 175' long. I have recently sold my business and much of my equipment, so now I am left with this big building and a bullet trap and a bench and time on my hands. What can I do?
Concho Bill

Shoot every day?

Cheers,

Mark

Fun-Fire Targets

Bill Wayne
We need some more Fun-Fire Targets at Kettlefoot
We are about out

Please ship them to
Cliff Keesee
438 Meadow Lark lane
Bluff City, Tennessee 37618