I Feel, and Look Like I went One Round With George Foreman

jackie schmidt

:cool:

I mentioned in another thread that I was going to Clear Choice, have all of my teeth removed, titanium inserts installed, and new teeth installed on these. I sat in that chair for 7 hours.

It has been three days now, and while I am not ready to step back in the ring just yet, what is staring back at me in the mirror is starting to resemble a live human being.

My wife says the temporary teeth look great. I suppose I have another week before the swelling goes down and I can forgo the ice packs.

This was a quality of life issue with me. I had about 8 crowns on existing teeth. Over the years, the teeth beneath the crowns were starting to deteriorate. That leads to all sorts of problems.

I did not want Dentures. Those are for old people.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Lately there have been comments that seem to be age discriminatory. And now even mild mannered Jackie says dentures and old people in the same sentence. It’s enough to force me to make some signs and march.
Keep us posted, Jackie, as this sounds like an alternative to the “old” way of doing things. And if I ever get as old as you, I may need to take the same path as you.

Good choice Jackie. Had it done three years ago. Very expensive. No matter how old you get, you never have to remember where you left your Dentures.:D When you finally get the permanents,remember to put on the protectors before you go to bed.

Glenn

Attachments

• 49802A30-052A-4C4A-9974-787B8C56A2F1.jpeg
    49802A30-052A-4C4A-9974-787B8C56A2F1.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 337
Last edited:
Implants

If anybody is interested in having this procedure done, I'll share my experience.

All uppers and half of the lowers, all at one time.

I received local anesthesia and moderate sedation. You are instructed to bring somebody with you, to drive you home,after the surgery. My Wife volunteered.

During the tooth extractions, there’s not much discomfort. they drill holes in your Jaw bone where they implant metal receptors to which your new teeth are screwed into. I heard and felt the drilling. Again, not much discomfort. You will get a detailed explanation of the procedure and the risks.They show you pictures of the procedures before you sign the waiver.

You receive ,what they call, a set of transitional teeth at the time of surgery. After the transplants are fully anchored, you get a definitive set of teeth.

The pain comes after the surgery. About five days for me. lots of swelling and naturally, some bleeding. The pain medication was my salvation. I asked for refills.

While you’re healing,You’re on a, post operative, soft food diet to prevent discomfort and damage to the dental work.

Follow the Doctors advice and you should be fine. You might even get a picture of your new smile in a Clear Choice Ad.:D

Glenn

I've had 4 or 5 root canal jobs the last few years. Probably a few more yet to come. Best thing was that after the anesthesia wore off I never knew I had any of them done.

Last edited:
Yikes! I have been having implants done one tooth at a time. By the time I get to need dentures I won't have many originals left.

What was the total cost Jackie?

:cool:

I mentioned in another thread that I was going to Clear Choice, have all of my teeth removed, titanium inserts installed, and new teeth installed on these. I sat in that chair for 7 hours.

It has been three days now, and while I am not ready to step back in the ring just yet, what is staring back at me in the mirror is starting to resemble a live human being.

My wife says the temporary teeth look great. I suppose I have another week before the swelling goes down and I can forgo the ice packs.

This was a quality of life issue with me. I had about 8 crowns on existing teeth. Over the years, the teeth beneath the crowns were starting to deteriorate. That leads to all sorts of problems.

I did not want Dentures. Those are for old people.:rolleyes:

What did all this cost? Can the common man afford it? :confused:

implants

I had 6 implants to replace 7 teeth. mine was tricky to do. needed a bone graft in one location. took 4 trips to a honest to god oral surgeon who was happy to do general anesthesia for most of the work. naturally insurance covered almost nothing. the total was around 25k, income tax refunded around 3-4K. about 2 years on and things are doing fine.

I was told, when all said and done, in excess of 25K. My budget can't handle that.

I opted for the top of the line procedure. I figured if I was going in, just go in all the way.

I did my shopping before settling on Clear Choice. For what I wanted, (as close to natural teeth as possible with no problems), the prices were about the same.

Since this is considered elective, my insurance would not help. Insurance will pay for what ever will be sufficient in the way of teeth and allow you to function in a fairly normal manner. That would be Dentures.

As I said before, I did not wish to go that route.

$42,500

A toothy problem

Jackie, After sinking my teeth into your story and chewing on the facts I figure I could swallow the $42,500 price and stomach the results. Tim

This kind of hit home! WOuld you mind elaborating a bit on the symptoms and why you went with this in the first place, A PM would suffice, thanks

This kind of hit home! WOuld you mind elaborating a bit on the symptoms and why you went with this in the first place, A PM would suffice, thanks

I don’t mind saying on this Forum. Many of my friends are well into their ‘70’s or more, and these are problems that can crop up.

I had no less than 8 crowns on various teeth. Through the years, the teeth that these were mounted on have started to deteriorate. I was starting to have some periodontal troubles that would involve some extensive dental work.

So I decided to go all in. Like I said, this was a quality of life issue.

My health is very important to me.

Back