I couldnt stand it any longer

[ dont know what red was drinking he had glass seting in front of him p s i dont drink either but pop he was on some porch i thought it was at his house we both set for a hr. Or more he telling me about years gone by.
about his talk i didnt hear him say bad word.

didnt red have shop close by maybe he shot turtles from there.

Red had a very large play shop behind and to the right of his house. His big barn was directly behind his home and to the left of his shop. The only way to shoot turtles was to walk around and behind his barn.
Red owned a large engine rebuilding shop in Shawnee, Oklahoma. His primary work was on oilfield stationary engines. I do have a small one cyl. inboard engine that Red gave me. It is watercooled and is about the size of a lawn mower engine.

red had a very large play shop behind and to the right of his house. His big barn was directly behind his home and to the left of his shop. The only way to shoot turtles was to walk around and behind his barn.
Red owned a large engine rebuilding shop in shawnee, oklahoma. His primary work was on oilfield stationary engines. I do have a small one cyl. Inboard engine that red gave me. It is watercooled and is about the size of a lawn mower engine.
where ever the pond was he sure got kick out of shooting turtles i shot beside him once at phenix he had front6 of his stock tapered

where ever the pond was he sure got kick out of shooting turtles i shot beside him once at phenix he had front6 of his stock tapered
had small water cooledepump oil wells with latr pumped with farm tractor s flat belt pulley slowed to 17 strokes a minute well was drilled 1909 swtill pumps once a month.

I remember Red winning at the Cactus shooting his wood stocked Benchmaster in .23-40 when everyone else was shooting PPC’s. My favorite Red story was him telling about a young shooter shooting next to him and he’d shoot every time Red did. He told Red “I don’t understand, I shot when you did and my group is big and yours is small”. Red’s response was “Son, you weren’t holding where I was!” I have Red’s .23-40 reamers. Unfortunately, I don’t know which one he was using last. When I started shooting benchrest at Luther, we loaded under oak trees on picnic tables. I’d watch Red load his .23-40 cases by knocking out the primer, re prime and add powder and the put the bullet in place with his finger tips. No seating pressure at all. Just a slip fit sitting on the step inside the neck. If I did that, there’s no telling where the bullet would wind up before I got it in the rifle. I’d probably throw it over my shoulder and half the powder. I also have his BR based reamers, unfortunately they will not work with Lapua brass as they are sized for Remington brass. I’m not sure, but I think Red had moved from one place to another in Seminole. I’m sure that the shop that Butch and I saw after Red passed away was the same one which would be the later house and shop. Bonnie passed away in February 2019. Rex would know. I never was at Red’s house when he was still alive.

Mike in the olden days I traveled with John Bunch to Luther a couple times. We stopped on the way at4 Red's house both times. Red was living in the house then that Bonnie was in after Red passed away. Bonnie did move into town a year or so after Red passed, but my memory for dates ain't good.

Back