I Bought Something Today That I Really Don’t Need

there is a reason dillon makes these lovely blue presses.
once a load is developed, production is easy.
Unless you plan to shoot this beautiful S&W quite often, I'd just buy the commercial ammo. That's what I did with my 1986 4" Python. Got bored with the extra steps in pistol loading the 38 Special and 357 ammo and just bought the thrifty Walmart loads.

My days of hand loading several hundred rounds per month when I was on a local pistol team are long gone and to tell the truth, don't miss it.

Good luck with those nice gentlemen Mr. S&W.

Virg

29s

My dad has a 6in. and a 4in. I think the 4 in. is more accurate. I got one of the factory ported 29s with a leupold red dot sight on it. It shoots about 4 or 6 in. at 100 yds. With jacketed 240s and H110 . I don't shoot it much any more too much recoil and noise to be fun. I like 9mms and 45 acps. Doug

At our age

what does need have to do with it? Affordability and the desire to own something you've always thought about trumps it all imo. Nice revolver!!

I went to a local indoor range yesterday to try the pistol. They had 240 grn jacketed hollow points in 44 Magnum, and 185 grn jacketed hollow points in 44 Special. I bought a box of 25 each.

The 44 mag was a handful. I have forgotten just how intense these things are. After sighting in, I shot some groups, then off of a right hand barricade, shot these groups at 15 and 20 yards.I think it shoots pretty darned good considering the most intense thing I have shot in the past 10 years is a model 25 Smith in 45 ACP.

http://benchrest.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22728&stc=1&d=1564448842

Attachments

• A4BAF3DB-3B3D-4D92-96B0-1EA4A23A4863.jpeg
    A4BAF3DB-3B3D-4D92-96B0-1EA4A23A4863.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 264
Last edited:
I went to a local indoor range yesterday to try the pistol. They had 240 grn jacketed hollow points in 44 Magnum, and 185 grn jacketed hollow points in 44 Special. I bought a box of 25 each.

The 44 mag was a handful. I have forgotten just how intense these things are. After sighting in, I shot some groups, then off of a right hand barricade, shot these groups at 15 and 20 yards.I think it shoots pretty darned good considering the most intense thing I have shot in the past 10 years is a model 25 Smith in 45 ACP.

http://benchrest.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22728&stc=1&d=1564448842

So....is it a keeper or a trader?

Glenn

with that short bbl it will always be a handful.
also not max performance as seen in a 7.5" bbl
short sight radius sucks.
keep with your plan.
load up something comfortable to shoot in it.
more than special, less than full power mag.
heavy slow bullets do not hurt the hands so much.

Something i did'nt need

Nice gun Jackie.. For every one of Elmer's 22gr/2400 he shot TEN of his practice load which was 9gr of Unique.. Lots more fun too;)

Back