Howard E Dietz

Jerry H

Different Drummer
I have some sad news for many of the old time benchrest shooters. My friend and mentor, Howard E Dietz, passed away last night. I have no further details at this time. He had been fighting multiple illnesses since summertime.

That's sad to here he was a heck of a nice guy.ken rossing

Auf Wiedersehen

Howard was a great person, a pioneer in our sport, a strong supporter of benchrest, a friend and a fellow German. I shall miss him a lot. Tim

Sorry to hear this. The first Benchrest (score) match I ever shot was at Dietzville in the 70's.

Joe

Services

Service Sat.Feb. 14@ 2:00pm. Doeppenschmidt funeral home in New Braunfels. Reception to follow @ N.B. Schuetzen Verein on the same property as the shop.

Doeppenschmidt Funeral Home
189 N. Seguin Ave., New Braunfels, TX 78130
830-625-3434.

Last edited:
Howard Dietz

He told me many stories about the History of this Sport and the Dietz Range at New Braunsfels,Tx. I regret
I didn't get more time to listen. Talk to the old guys,every chance you get. We just lost a big chunk of History.
May he R.I.P.

IMG_2307.jpg
[/URL]

Very Sad News

Howard will be greatly missed by many.

May he rest in peace. My best to his family.

Pete Landers

Provided so much....

Howard was a guy that was an excellent gun smith and...provided an excellent range to use them on. Not many like him....

All the best to Sammy,

Virg

I very much enjoyed talking to Howard before matches, between relays and during yardage changes. He was a kind man who was always generous with his time, help, and advice. I'll miss him. My sincere condolences go out to his wife Sammye and their family.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear about Howard's passing. I was looking forward to seeing him in May at the New Braunfels match.

Back