Hot Railgun in Tx.

txdan

I was at Tomball today. A railgun there was shooting in th “0” and low “1 s”
Put your shooting britches on and bring ya A game to St Louis

I'm guessing txdan is referring to Jackie Schmidt's new railgun setup, which has a separate thread going. Jackie noted in another e-mail that he is planning to go to the Group Nationals, which are also in St Louis this year.

You are correct about the East-West. It is a LV/HV 100/200Y match.

Rail gun shoot coming up!

July 11 in Midland you can break out your best shooting Rail gun and test it out! The Texas shootout is the first half of the Gulf Coast Regions Championship. UL on Saturday 100 in the morning and 200 right after that. Sunday will be the Sporter rifle but in reverse!

July 11 in Midland you can break out your best shooting Rail gun and test it out! The Texas shootout is the first half of the Gulf Coast Regions Championship. UL on Saturday 100 in the morning and 200 right after that. Sunday will be the Sporter rifle but in reverse!

With the Governor’s new mandate of masking up and social distancing, how is this going to work?

My younger Brother tested positive last Friday. He had not been at the shop for the week before, but we all went and got retested again. Whole shop was negative.

He says he feels like he has a bad cold. Aside from that he seems fine.

Jackie, 6’ spacing is evidently the magic number for Corona. Luckily the benches at Midland are 6’ between centers. How about that? Most people are over 6’ apart when they are loading so I guess we’ll do our normal social distancing.

Is that all?

Jackie, 6’ spacing is evidently the magic number for Corona. Luckily the benches at Midland are 6’ between centers. How about that? Most people are over 6’ apart when they are loading so I guess we’ll do our normal social distancing.

If 6 feet is OK then why do other shooters stay a minimum of 20 feet from me? Tim

So far the match at Midland is still on. I talked to Mike Conry today and he was talking about having two relays with one relay shooting on even numbered benches and the other relay shooting on odd numbered benches. We will have the annual meeting under the awning at the benches. We can’t use the club house due to the Midland club’s guidelines and Corona virus. Food will be Whataburgers and individual sized packages of chips. If anything changes between now and next weekend I’ll let everyone know. But, so far it’s still on. Outdoor activities are exempt from wearing a mask.

Last edited:
Midland Match

So far the match at Midland is still on. I talked to Mike Conry today and he was talking about having two relays with one relay shooting on even numbered benches and the other relay shooting on his dad numbered benches. We will have the annual meeting under the awning at the benches. We can’t use the club house due to the Midland club’s guidelines and Corona virus. Food will be Whataburgers and individual sized packages of chips. If anything changes between now and next weekend I’ll let everyone know. But, so far it’s still on. Outdoor activities are exempt from wearing a mask.

I’m wanting to get the word out that we plan on starting the matches at 8:00am both mornings in order to beat the heat and minimize mirage that gets pretty bad in the afternoons. We will shoot the Unlimited guns on Saturday and on Sunday the Sporter. Sporter will start out at 200 yds in the morning.

Keep safe everyone!
Scott

Back