Hood scope checkers

mwezell

Mike Ezell
Wilbur, if this is not allowed, please move or remove as necessary.

After seeing a fair amount of demand has been expressed, I have contacted Charlie Hood and received his blessing for bringing back the Hood scope checkers.

I'm very early in the process but hope to have a price set in a few days. I'd like to gauge interest here to doing a group buy on the initial run, so as to cover most of the setup costs. This is a small market item and I don't expect to ever make a lot of money on them. But with Charlie not making them anymore and having seen some demand, it looks like I will be doing this.

I'm not looking for commitments to buy anything at this very moment, but am building a list of those that may be interested, so that when the time comes, I will contact those with interest in purchasing one.
Here is the thread..
http://forum.accurateshooter.com/threads/hood-scope-checkers.3925525/

If you'd like for me to contact you for one, please go and respond to that thread. I'll contact those people as soon as I know more details.

They will be made on cnc and will be of high quality or I won't do them at all.

Thanks--Mike Ezell

Wilbur, if this is not allowed, please move or remove as necessary.

After seeing a fair amount of demand has been expressed, I have contacted Charlie Hood and received his blessing for bringing back the Hood scope checkers.

I'm very early in the process but hope to have a price set in a few days. I'd like to gauge interest here to doing a group buy on the initial run, so as to cover most of the setup costs. This is a small market item and I don't expect to ever make a lot of money on them. But with Charlie not making them anymore and having seen some demand, it looks like I will be doing this.

I'm not looking for commitments to buy anything at this very moment, but am building a list of those that may be interested, so that when the time comes, I will contact those with interest in purchasing one.
Here is the thread..
http://forum.accurateshooter.com/threads/hood-scope-checkers.3925525/

If you'd like for me to contact you for one, please go and respond to that thread. I'll contact those people as soon as I know more details.

They will be made on cnc and will be of high quality or I won't do them at all.

Thanks--Mike Ezell

Mike, there is a market for them.
One of the problems with this particular type of scope checker is you have to have a scope that is 100% in it's ability to keep point of aim.

Mike, there is a market for them.
One of the problems with this particular type of scope checker is you have to have a scope that is 100% in it's ability to keep point of aim.

Yes sir. Just trying fill a demand, Jackie. There have been a few threads going, over on that site about them. I agree completely. On the cheap, I do wonder how one of the Burris scopes with the Posi-Lok would work.

Yes sir. Just trying fill a demand, Jackie. There have been a few threads going, over on that site about them. I agree completely. On the cheap, I do wonder how one of the Burris scopes with the Posi-Lok would work.

A number of years ago, I froze a 36x Leupold for a shooter to use as the verifier on his hood checker. Worked great.

He will build it with the same care as he does his flags, As close perfect as human hands can get...LW

Mike,

Ideally a locked scope is best. However, if you put two unlocked Benchrest quality scopes on the checker. Aim them at the same spot and shoot a few times. Hopefully both will be pointing at the same spot. Even if one moves, you have identified a problem. You might not have identified which scope is the problem child, but you have identified a problem!

Bart

Mike pleaase add me to your list.

Thanks,
DeanW

Dean, It looks like I am going to do these and they are gonna be in the $150 price range. I'd appreciate very much if you post this on the thread linked. I plan to use it in a few days, to contact potential buyers for an initial group buy.

Thank you! If you don't hear from me by the end of this week, please pm me. I would like to add you to the group buy.

Looks like there are 20-30 interested people and that's about what I was hoping for to cover setup time at this price. The next ones will likely be a few bucks higher unless more people get in now.
The more, the merrier...and so goes the cost.--Mike

I think Dean has some trouble logging into the other site. Would it be too much trouble to add him to the list?

I think Dean has some trouble logging into the other site. Would it be too much trouble to add him to the list?

No problem. I'll just refer to here as well when taking orders for them. Dean, if you don't hear from me by the weekend, please pm me. Thanks Wilbur and thank you Dean!--Mike

Back