Hood press

sebastian

Anyone knows where can I get one?.....have tried Sinclair but no luck.

I need it for the SS. I don't/wouldn't have enough time to make one here.

Many thanks in advance,
seb.

I spoke with the fine folks at Hood a few months ago and they told me their press was not available at this time. They were not sure when they would be making another production run. I'm on a list to get a new Hood press; however, I keep my eyes open for used ones in the BRC classified.

Just my 2-cents.

Seb,

If you can't get one and need to borrow one, you are welcome to mine.

I will not be shooting BR for awhile, so it is just sitting in my loading box.

Just return it after the SS.

Randy

Thanks for the info, Jerry.

Jeff, I also heard that Charlie Hood doesn't make the press anymore now...

Randy, I still remember you my friend... Thanks you for your kind offer, I really appreciate it. I will try to get/buy one though.
If you don't mind, how about if I buy your Hood press?.....seb.

Seb,

I will hang on to the press, as I love it. The offer stands to loan it to you.

Once I am done with my house remodel, I want to start shooting again and will need it then.

I use the press to FL size and keep an indicator in the other hole to check shoulder bump. Works slick.

I tried to use it with the arbor seating die, but after dropping serveral cases full of powder, I went back to the arbor press for seating.

If you can't find one, let me know, I can send it to Kelby's with your name on it.

Also, Lynwood Harrel is making a copy since Charlie stopped making his. If they are anything like his powder measures, it would be fine.

Randy

seb, i and i am sure others will loan you--

perhaps not sell--you a hood press. i will include my jlc full length and micrometer seater die, if you want them. would ship to kelbly, they will hold for you

just please return them insured. no problem

regards, tbob

ps: they have a website: harrellsprecision.com, but lynwood told me recently they are much to busy for email. you might try to call them in the US @ 540-380-2683. i don't know the country code, or time difference, but this is the same time zone as Washington, DC.

Lynwood or Walter should be able to tell you what they are doing with Charlie's press.

good luck

Harrwll's press

Seb
Consider a Harell's press. He makes one
like the Hood press and its every bit as good.
It is not listed on his web site so you have to call them.
Terry

Hood Press's

With Charlie's permission, I am making some as we speak. I plan on having 18 press's available for the Super Shoot. They will be an exact copy of Charlie's design. All the credit should be given to Charlie for the design of his press, it is a peice of art.The parts should be back from anodizing and chrome early next week and maybe the assembly will go smoothly. If you are interested in one of the press's watch the board or find me at the Super Shoot. I won't be taking orders until we get Charlie's back orders taken care of. I will post an AD here when I get more press's made. Thank's Scotty Crawford

Hood Press

Scotty Crawford would you please provide me with your contact info as I would like to purchase one of your Hood designed press's at the S/S.

Randy, I should get a press at the SS. Again, thanks you for your kind offer.

Tbob, thanks you for your kind offer.
I have had most of the stuffs needed to shoot....rifle, rest & bags, spare barrel, custom FL die, micro seater, expander die, powder measure, rods & bore guide, neck turning tools, windflags, range cart,....etc etc

Terry, Kevin, thanks you for the info.

Scotty, I will meet you at the SS.

Gentlemen, I think your replies is just a little proof that our BR community is full with great & helpful peoples.
Thanks you all...seb.

I don't believe....

that any of the "Hood style" presses compare with the precision and beautiful design of the ORIGINAL Hood press. Some copies come with a long lever handle which (IMHO) defeats the purpose and design of the original. The original Hood did not need a long handle to obtain the force to work PPC cases. However,the Italian one looks pretty good. I bought mine a few years ago at a very reasonable price. What would a new HOOD be worth to the shooters ?? That's the BIG question. Mr. Hood is tied up pretty well making PRECISION cores for the bullet makers, so Scotty has taken on the job.....DON"T sell them too cheap, Scotty. ;)

"Snuffy"

Last edited:
Scotty

tried to send a e-mail from charlie about his barkorder list but it bounced.
will try PM

Jefferson

Looks like Charlie may finally be off the hook!! ;) Scotty Crawford will do an outstanding job on these! Scotty, put me down for a backup press. Serious.

Seb
I have a Harrell all in one press, and I will be at SS and you are more then welcome to use it. I only use it when I don't have my trailer. Let me know and I will bring it next week with me.
Bill

Die Adjustment Guide Option

Mr. Crawford;

Will you be offering the die adjustment guide which makes minor "bump" adjustments as an option? If not, can I still purchase that from Mr. Hood?

Thanks;

Jeff Welker

Back