Holton IBS Score Nationals

Bill Gammon

I was asked to put this on here. The members of Holton, (and I am one) want to congratulate the shooters who were here for the fantastic job they did cleaning up their area's. We walked around here today to clean up and there was nothing to clean. "THANK YOU"

The whole crew did a fantastic job! From Mr. Gammon's scoring to Matt running the match and the target crew to the ladies in the kitchen, they made meals that were truly home cooking and were loads of fun. I also witnessed one of the most "stand up" things I ever have in my life and the camaraderie that will keep me shooting as long as I am able. After an accident that left Wayne France without his rifle people flocked to offer help including Kim Lewellen husband offering to give up his heavy gun so Wayne had a gun to shoot not 30 seconds after the accident. Others offered guns and eventually he used an action and stock from Larry F. with Wayne's barrel on it. Within 2 relays he got that rifle assembled and his action re-epoxied into his stock and was ready to shoot when we were called to the line. You may hear this happens all the time but failing to point out that this is what good people do for each other even the heat of competition shows that I was & we were in the presents of a really special group of folks for sure. I am humbled and honored to have been part of it. The way the range was left is just more proof of the "caliber" of people we are blessed to compete with. Thank you to those who helped me all along the way your mentorship has and will mean a great deal to me for life. God bless you all and God bless The United States of America. Chad Schmidt

Not to mention, on Wed I was talking to Chad about the scope Larry Feusse an I was using in the Varmint class being junk, Chad grabbed a spare an handed it to me saying, try this one. You can't find better people in any other sport!!! Actually Francis........ if you promise not to show me what you won any more I won't tell Jan how you man handled Bob's wife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Twice! And yes, Holton showed the shooting community they know how to treat shooters an put on a great match.

Jeff Aberegg

I didn't intend to attend this year's Nats after the LONG HAUL to Iowa last year but am very glad I did attend. Holton has a first class facility and it was dern nice to meet more of the people I had head of but not had the pleasure to meet. It was well worth the trip and I hope all of you will feel the same when next we host the Nats in Maine :) Lobsters are only about $4. per pound this summer!

I didn't intend to attend this year's Nats after the LONG HAUL to Iowa last year but am very glad I did attend. Holton has a first class facility and it was dern nice to meet more of the people I had head of but not had the pleasure to meet. It was well worth the trip and I hope all of you will feel the same when next we host the Nats in Maine :) Lobsters are only about $4. per pound this summer!

Pete, I have to hand it to you. You do travel well...and far. I'd be interested in some of that $4lb lobster, but I just don't travel as well as you do.:-( That stuff makes my mouth water.--Mike

Bill, you and Matt and the entire crew put on one of the best score matches I ever attended. Holton has a great range now with a super camping area, showers with hot water, many rest rooms, hookups for electric, many large trees for shade and even plans in work to add 10-15 more benches. A great range getting even better! Many, many thanks for hosting the match guys! Please do it again!
TK

Pete, I have to hand it to you. You do travel well...and far. I'd be interested in some of that $4lb lobster, but I just don't travel as well as you do.:-( That stuff makes my mouth water.--Mike

I know I don't either look or act 66 but will be in 34 days :( . This means I may only have 10 years at most I will have any chance of being able to drive to places like Whetstone, Ky or Holton, Mi so I gots to get er done while I can. You haven't gotten down close enough to the end yet Mike to think much about it is all :)

Last edited:
I know I don't either look or act 66 but will be in 34 days :( . This means I may only have 10 years at most I will have any chance of being able to drive to places like Whetstone, Ky or Holton, Mi so I gots to get er done while I can. You haven't gotten down close enough to the end yet Mike to think much about it is all :)

I'm old enough to appreciate your outlook,Pete. I hope to see you shooting many more times, in many places and for a long time. Now how 'bout some of that lobster?--Mike

Holton Rocks.

What a great tournament. :) Reconnecting with long time friends and making some new ones made this event memorable. The Holton club rolled out the red carpet and made everyone feel right at home. People like Matt Guthrie, Jeff Abbregg, Tom Majewski, Jim Dyke, Larry Feusse, all went out of their way to help anyone that needed it. Dick Wright was a hoot to load with.

I picked up Randy Robinett on the way and was treated to some fine hospitality at he and wife Donna's 'Rancho deRobinett'. Tough to beat R.G. as a travelin' pard, mentor or a fine human being. :cool:

Seeing Chad Schmidt win the Two Gun was...like Andy Griffith would say...."Exxxtreeeyyy goood!" ;) :D

Good shootin'. -Al

I really appreciated all the help and offers of help after my stupid little trick. I can't state loudly enough how impressed I was with the Bat actions that I was able to take my barrel off a 3 lug action and screw it onto a 2 lug and have it index properly and the headspace be right there. WOW! Thanks again to the crew and everyone for a great match. If you can just do something about putting a dome over the range to eliminate wind and mirage. Seriously, it was a good time.

Back