highstandard help

C

charlie56

hi everyone I just received a highstandard supermatic citation model 102 pistol from my father. its a fantasic shooting gun. I have one problem with it and that is the slide will not lock open. Can anyone give me any ideas on what i need to do to fix this issue or where to start looking?

Supermatic Slide Lock

The slide lock is under the right grip. When you take the grip off, the slide lock is just sitting there with a tiny spring holding it in place. The spring sits in a small hole in the slide lock and the other end sits in a small hole in the frame. If you turn the gun over, not knowing about how easily these parts can slip out, you might drop them out of the gun. The spring is very easy to lose.

Get a parts explosion drawing from any of several web sites. It will show these parts and from that you can get part numbers. The springs usually come in a kit of 5 springs. They don't cost much. For example, http://interarmstx.com/t/high-standard-pistol-parts has a kit for $12.95 that includes several springs including the one you want.

If you are missing the slide stop lever as well, you might try Numrich or similar parts place.

I really like the gun. It has a light trigger and is very accurate.

Back