High magnification rifle scopes....

R

ray in seattle

Mind if I ask a little question? Buying a T-36 that has been boosted to 55X.....any problems for me ahead? Thanks...r in s.

Ray ,
If everybody seems hesitant to field this question,it is with good reason. Whoever responds will have the flesh ripped from his bones by all the optical experts out there,but the fact that you are buying a boosted t-36 tells me you need help, so I'm gonna throw you a long rope and see if you can save yourself.
Shooting benchrest is kind of a connection with your environment.You see and feel the wind blow through your wind flags and grass ,trees etc. You find a condition that your gun and yourself can shoot well in . You capitalize on that condition and fire five shots downrange for group.The ability to aim quickly and solidly while watching the flags with your off eye is paramount to your sucess.
Does a 55 or higher magnification scope make that task any easier? Personally I don't think so. a clear 36x that is mechanically sound is sufficient. I prefer the 40xs,other guys like 45xs .The ability to judge conditions and aim quickly is more important than trying to aim at the seventh paper filament on the left edge of the mothball.
joel

Last edited:
Mind if I ask a little question? Buying a T-36 that has been boosted to 55X.....any problems for me ahead? Thanks...r in s.

No. I'll bet you are going to love it. A couple of years ago, I bumped all my scopes to 55X and have never looked back. My newest scope is a 60X March, and its great.

Hey Federal Way....

Getting back to my scope guy today, he will tell me where the T-36 was boosted. Now I will have three T-36's, maybe the higher power scope for cooler weather and less mirage......thanks everyone. r in s.

Boosted Weavers

Both Wally Seibert and Bill Ackerman will boost a Weaver.

Or Gene Davis

Gene Davis is selling boosters which you screw into the back of the scope and give you ~1/3 more power. I believe they are made from Zeiss lens and, if you don't like it, you just unscrew it and you're back where you started. Best $100 bucks I spent though and no loss in clarity at all.

Back