Help with a rifle?

Many thanks again to everyone for all of the helpful information.

Allan, was selling a stock that he had made for his actions. Lee Six made some of them and he switched to someone else making them later. On one of them that I had, if you removed the butt plate there were two holes in the stock where you could add weight to get the rifle up to 13.5 pounds. The weight was made a round steel bar with two o-rings and would slide into the holes. On a later one he made a lead shot molded weight that had a wedge that you placed into the butt. That would be easy to see by removing the butt plate. The trigger on the rifle doesn't look like a Jewell to me. I'm not sure when Jewell triggers came to market, but I'd guess around 1987 or so. The trigger is probably a Shilen 2 oz trigger would be my guess as Allan worked at Shilen at one time. The Hall pattern stock that Lee Six sold and advertised as the Hall pattern stock was an unlimited stock that had a 5 inch wide forend. I think that the only way you could get the Hall stock that Allan sold was from him regardless of whoever made it for him. It's real similar to the Kelbly BR model stock if not out of the same mold. The action is a Hall M action. He made three sizes for short range benchrest. S, M and B. The S was 1.350 in diameter. The M was I think 1.500 and the B was around 1.750 in diameter.

Last edited:
Here are some photos.

The scope rings were made by Kelblys, cost(North Lawrence Ohio) now about $100.

The 262 on the barrel means this guy requires customizing the 6PPC cartridge to a turned 0.262" fit, so measuring a cartridge over the case neck the measurement should be not over 0,261" with a bullet seated.

Did you get any brass or loading tools with it? You can buy already turned brass from Ron Hoehn in Missouri.

Both Kelblys and Ron Hoehn have web links on this site.

Weigh this guy on some accurate scales, your local butcher, for example. If it is 10.5 pounds or less you can shoot it in Light Varmint class. If it weighs over 10.5 but not over 13.5 you can shoot it in Heavy Varmint class.

At any rate, load up some ammo and come shoot with us.

Back