Help on chambering 6mm ppc

T

taxman

Hi folks,

I am ready to send a Barrel to Kelby's to fit up for my Stolle Panda. It is a Krieger 1:13.5 #18 LV .237 4 groove barrel.

I have 1000 68 grain Bruno OO Bt bullets. Any special reamer or dimension I should look for?

I am having Kelby's chamber the barrel because they built the rifle to start with.

Thanks for any info yo can offer up!

Tony

Try and use a chamber that matches your current FL sizing die. Do you have a custom die already? If not ask Kelbly's what they recommend.

Joe Hynes

Tony ...

Hi folks,

I am ready to send a Barrel to Kelby's to fit up for my Stolle Panda. It is a Krieger 1:13.5 #18 LV .237 4 groove barrel.

I have 1000 68 grain Bruno OO Bt bullets. Any special reamer or dimension I should look for?

I am having Kelby's chamber the barrel because they built the rifle to start with.

Tony

If you intend to keep shooting the Bruno OO BTs, call Dave Kiff at http://www.pacifictoolandgauge.com/ and ask which 6PPC reamer he recommends. I know he made some up for that bullet and can help you with your decision. He can tell you how much freebore you're going to need. You might also want to consider buying one along with a go gauge for future chambers. :)

Tony, have you talked to Lester? He is one of the best shooters around and makes the bullets, might be worth a phone call! My JGS 1045 reamer shoots the Brun 00's and Bart's 65grn BT's very well.
Mike

Hi folks,

Tony
And talk to the guys at Kelblys. They probably have chambered more barrels than most anyone else in the BR business period.

With the 00 BT's your freebore is probably going to need to be real short. The JGS 1045 is 0.060", kind of long I think for the Brunos.

http://benchrest.netfirms.com/Reamer - Dimensions.htm

Can a guy kiss the lands with a 0.045" freebore with Bruno "00" BT's....
I have some but haven't tried yet.

curtis

Dave Kiff @ Pacific Tool and Guage (PTG)

Call Dave Kiff and have ask him to send you a print of Jackie Schmidt's "0" throat reamer. Jackie uses Bruno 00 BT's and Krieger 237 13.5 barrels exclusively with great success.

This reamer will also be good for Barts 65gr bt's.....

Last edited:
.020 freebore reamer plus a 1.5 degree throater will chamber any reasonable target bullet.....................Don

Freebore

Don is correct...a .020" freebore at .2435 diameter would work for this bullet.

You could also seat a bullet in a fired PPC or unfired 220R case at your desired seating depth, and I can custom throat the barrel accordingly at no extra charge.

If you have any questions, you can call or e-mail me at greg@kelbly.com

Greg Walley
Kelbly's Inc.

Call Dave Kiff and have ask him to send you a print of Jackie Schmidt's "0" throat reamer. Jackie uses Bruno 00 BT's and Krieger 237 13.5 barrels exclusively with great success.

This reamer will also be good for Barts 65gr bt's.....

;) Go with this one...

Back