Has anyone seen my 8MM dies?

AMMASHOOTA

Gary Gruber
I seem to have misplaced a set of Redding 8mm dies in my garage somewhere and was wondering if anyone has seen them?

i just finished a beautiful restoration on a 1923 Mauser and would like to shoot a few rounds before turning it into a 9.3 X 62.

if you have seen my dies, please drop me a line...

Haven't seen your 8mm dies, but I've had things wander off into the wilderness never to be found again too. I've come to the firm belief that there are gremlins that sneak into houses and garages and, uh, liberate things for their own use and entertainment.... :eek: :D:D

One thing is for sure.......... When you find them, they will be in the last place you look.

Clemson;)
Showing early signs of CRS

Ask you wife. They'll be with all the socks that went missing in the wash.

my wife knows better than to wash my dies with my socks. she usually washes them with my jeans.

then, when i put them on, she says to me "Is that your Redding Neck Sizer in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

Quickest way I know to find your old dies is to replace them with new ones, sure enough, the old dies turn up almost instantly.
Works with other stuff too, that's why I've got two of almost everything in the loading box.
Don.H.

Quickest way I know to find your old dies is to replace them with new ones, sure enough, the old dies turn up almost instantly.
Works with other stuff too, that's why I've got two of almost everything in the loading box.
Don.H.

i was just thinking the same thing. once a year i through out the duplicate stuff, and invariably the originals go missing again.

Maybe you have the same ghost I had here for a number of years. It's name was "IDidn'tDoIt", pronounced " I-Didn't-Do- it". Every time I couldn't find something, something was broke or it was anywhere but where it belonged I always heard the name "IDidn'tDoIt"

Strange as it seems, when the last kid moved out...the ghost "IDidn'tDoIt" left too!

But....now I have four grandchildren and IDidn'tDoIt has returned. Just the other day I was looking for something while two of my grand sons were looking on. I knew exactly where i had put it and when I asked if they saw it they both blamed "IDidn'tDoIt".

IDidn'tDoIt also has a brother "Notme".

Bill

Bill,

I think I have a set (Pacific or C & H)that I will never again use. What can you trade for them? I am cheap and can be had. Send me a PM.

Concho Bill

if you are my Uncle

you left them at my house. :D good thing as you been with about 4 different women:eek: and in three different homes and in two different states. :confused:
:eek: what a drifter!! but if you are my uncle they are safe and sound with my die collection.:cool: Greg

Gremlins

grempage13.jpg

Gus the Gremlin

Glenn:D

http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/10-665/The-Gremlins-HC

http://www.roalddahlfans.com/books/gremtext.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Don.H.

i just ordered a new set from Midway. Anyone care to start a pool ($2 to enter) to guess when precisely this weekend I find my current set of dies?

Bill,

I think I have a set (Pacific or C & H)that I will never again use. What can you trade for them? I am cheap and can be had. Send me a PM.

Concho Bill

i have several old girlfriends i don't need any longer. if it's a two die set i'll swap you even. 2 brunettes (or 3 blonds) for the dies.

i have several old girlfriends i don't need any longer. if it's a two die set i'll swap you even. 2 brunettes (or 3 blonds) for the dies.

Those dies have set in my stuff for 50 years and have never cost me nothing. I think a couple of your old girlfriends would come with a lot of overhead.

Concho Bill

Those dies have set in my stuff for 50 years and have never cost me nothing. I think a couple of your old girlfriends would come with a lot of overhead.

Concho Bill

I haven't seen these women in nearly 40 years. they haven't cost me anything either. fair trade.

Back