Harrison Sportsman's Club 100 Yd Score Shoot Results 7-5-2014

• Thread starter dardascastbulle
  • Start date
D

dardascastbulle

A fantastic turnout was the order of the day up at the Harrison Sportsman's Club for the 100 Yd. Score Shoot. Not a cloud in the sky and the temperature was a balmy 75 degrees. The Harrison winds (blowing off of Bud Lake) were their typical unpredictable self. Mainly from the SW, SE, NW, SSE, W, etc. Heavy mirage at times created dead silence on the firing line - shooters waiting for the target to come back into the scope.

In the VFS Class.........National IBS Score Champ Larry Fuesse showed up and shot a fine 250-18X for third place. Coming in a close second place was none other than Jim Dyke with a 250-19X. And Jim (Hutch) Hutchinson put on a fine showmanship of shooting the Harrison conditions by beating everyone else with his match winning 250-21X!

In the Factory Class........New shooter Jeremiah Hoover shot a 245-11X for top laurels in the Factory Class. Charlie Deardoff was close on Jeremiah's heels with his 245-5X! And coming in third place and being awarded a great round of clapping was none other than the Indian River Umpire, Bob Zimmer with a 242-7X!

Bob Zimmer and Rob Fairbanks travel a long, long ways to get to the Harrison matches. Rob was in contention to win this match until he pulled the trigger on the first shot - it went out for a nine! Rob went on to finish with a 249-19X! It is really nice to see both of you at the matches, not to mention everyone else! There is nothing like going 'up north' to shoot benchrest!

The next match will be a 100 yard group match on July 19. Gates open at 8:00am and shooting commences at 10:00am.

Just the messenger boy.....Matt

Attachments

• Harrison Score Match 7-5-2014.pdf
    17 KB · Views: 206
  • Charlie Deardoff The Range Officer.jpg
    Charlie Deardoff The Range Officer.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 245
  • Dudley Pierce.jpg
    Dudley Pierce.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 240
  • Elton Roundtree.jpg
    Elton Roundtree.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 243
  • Larry Gage & Billy Stiverson.jpg
    Larry Gage & Billy Stiverson.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 245
  • Larry Gage.jpg
    Larry Gage.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
And One More Set Of Photos of the Harrison Shoot

Some more photos of the Harrison match......

Just the messenger boy.....Matt

Attachments

• Rob Fairbanks.jpg
    Rob Fairbanks.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 231
  • The Line.jpg
    The Line.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 219
  • View of Firing Line.jpg
    View of Firing Line.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 226
We got to meet a nice young fellow...

named Jeremiah Hoover. (Anyone under 60 in benchrest is an infant.) He is a rookie at benchrest but is very experienced in other disciplines, including Palma where you shoot at targets waaaaaay out there.

Jeremiah's 40X .222 shot as well as any Factory Rifle I've ever seen. He did his homework too... Bart's bullets and 4895. A lot of folks don't know this but, back in Mike Walker days, Remington used to ship a target with each 40X, including the load. Most of the loads were 20-some grains of 4895. My first bench gun, a long time ago. was a Shilen .222. My load was as much 4895 as I could possibly stuff in a case and it was incredibly accurate.

Matty, I'm sorry I forgot the Don Leidich guide for your Dewey rod. Getting really senile. I'll get it to you.

Dick

Well, I forgot too!

named Jeremiah Hoover. (Anyone under 60 in benchrest is an infant.) He is a rookie at benchrest but is very experienced in other disciplines, including Palma where you shoot at targets waaaaaay out there.

Jeremiah's 40X .222 shot as well as any Factory Rifle I've ever seen. He did his homework too... Bart's bullets and 4895. A lot of folks don't know this but, back in Mike Walker days, Remington used to ship a target with each 40X, including the load. Most of the loads were 20-some grains of 4895. My first bench gun, a long time ago. was a Shilen .222. My load was as much 4895 as I could possibly stuff in a case and it was incredibly accurate.

Matty, I'm sorry I forgot the Don Leidich guide for your Dewey rod. Getting really senile. I'll get it to you.

Dick

Dick,

Heck, I forgot about it also! We were too busy with the scoring and entry to even think about it. Bring it in two weeks - I can't wait to use it!

Matt

Back