Harrison Sportsman's Club 100 Yard Score Match Results - Saturday August 2, 2014

• Thread starter dardascastbulle
  • Start date
D

dardascastbulle

Many a fine shooter showed up for the Harrison Sportsman’s Club 100 yard score shoot held on August 2, 2014. By the time I arrived at 8:00 am there were already three sets of flags set! There wasn't a breath of wind to be had in Clare County when the commence fire command was announced by range officer Jim Guinn at 10:00 am. The calm lasted throughout the entire match. Joe Hynes, looking like a professional golfer, pulled out his newly reamed (last night) 30PPC out of his goodie bag and proceeded to fire the second highest score ever shot on the Harrison Range with his winning 250-24X! There have only been two 250-25X’s ever shot there – one was by Larry Feusse and the other was by Brian Albee. BRIIIIIIAAAAANNNNNNN, WHERE ARE YOU!!!????? We congratulate Joe on his exemplary win in the VFS Class! Second place VFS laurels went to Rick Averill shooting another .30. And third place VFS was won by the Roger City Freighter Captain, Rob Fairbanks with yet another .30.

Now onto the Factory Class where that Indian River Referee, Bob Zimmer, showed up with two of his fine factory rifles in 6PPC. Bob won top laurels in the Factory Class with a fine 248-10X (we didn’t have the traditional olive twigs to make a Greek laurel wreath) so we awarded Bob with a jackpine branch and a wad of money. He also took the second slot in factory class as well and was awarded a pile of money for that as well. Third place was locked down by Kurt Krug with a 245-7X and was honored with a rousing round of applause.

There was a free raffle held at the Budd Lake Bar for Dick Wright's 22PPC. Seems as though he left it at the range, so the assumption was that he didn’t want it anymore. Tickets were passed out to all those in attendance and a complete description of the prize was announced. Unfortunately, before the winning number could be drawn, Dick decided that he wanted to keep the rifle so the raffle was nixed. Oh what fun can a bunch of shooters have! It just doesn't get any better than shooting at the Harrison Benchrest Range!

The next match will be a 100 yard group match on Saturday, August 16, 2014. Bring your friend(s) and a smile. We sure do have a great time!

Just the messenger boy……Matt

View attachment 15164

View attachment 15165

View attachment 15166

View attachment 15167

View attachment 15168

Attachments

• Harrison Score Match 8-2-2014.pdf
    21.4 KB · Views: 295
  • 100_1901.jpg
    100_1901.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 300
  • 100_1902.jpg
    100_1902.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 273
  • 100_1903.jpg
    100_1903.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 273
  • 100_1904.jpg
    100_1904.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 275
  • 100_1906.jpg
    100_1906.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:
More Photos Of Harrison Sportsman's Club 100 Yard Score Match August 2, 2014

100_1908.jpg

100_1922.jpg

A Lot of Ian's Flags.jpg

Alex Murray's Secret Juice.jpg

Bob Blazejewski .jpg

Charlie Deardoff In The Command Chair.jpg

And More Photos of the Harrison Sportsman's Club 100 Yard Score Match August 2, 2014

Charlie Deardoff In The Command Chair.jpg
Charlie Deardoff The Range Officer.jpg
Doug Mulders.jpg
Elton Roundtree Shooting Two Rifles!.jpg
Jim Guinn with Alex Murray in the Background.jpg
Jim Millitello.jpg

And Even More Photos of the Harrison Sportsman's Club 100 Yard Score Match 8-2-2014

Joe Hynes & Bob Zimmer (Background).jpg
Joe Hynes Celebrating!.jpg
Joe Hynes Last Shot!.jpg
Liquid Sustenance.jpg
Rick Averill.jpg
Rob Fairbanks Lining Up For a Very Carefully Placed Shot.jpg

And Last But Not Least - Harrison 100 Yard Score Match 8-2-2014

Ron Breedlove & Larry Feusse (background).jpg
Some More Secret Juice.jpg
The Winning VFS Cartridge - The 30PPC.jpg
Vital Sustenance For the Match.jpg
2nd Relay Making The Walk Back To The Firing Line.jpg
100_1900.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Matt...

You do a great job of reporting the results.

Also, thanks for retrieving my gun. Anybody senile enough to leave an expensive rifle at the range is obviously too old to be allowed to shoot.

As usual to food at the bar was great. Glorya was much less grouchy than normal when I took her some home.

Next match at Harrison in two weeks... a 100 yd. group match on 16 August.

Dick Wright

Jeffie...

Where were you? When you don't show up it really limits the number of people I have to pick on.

PLEASE NOTE... Remaining matches are...

16 Aug. 100 yd. group
6 Sept. 100 yd. score
20 Sept. 100 yd. group

We added the 20 Sept. match last month. We have traditionaly shot our last match that weekend but it wasn't scheduled for this year. That is now fixed. Please add it to your calendar.

Aberegg, if you're not at the next match, be prepared to tell me why.

Dick

Well, I'm either at a two day match, family home, on a weekend bike trip or a hot date. However, I have Aug 16 open so will be there.

Jeff Aberegg

Well, I'm either at a two day match, family home, on a weekend bike trip or a hot date. However, I have Aug 16 open so will be there.

Jeff Aberegg

Definition of a hot date: Shooting at a benchrest match.

Matt

Back