Harrison Sportsman's Club 100 Yard Group Match Results 6-21-2014

D

dardascastbulle

The match started out with a lot of head scratching, confusion, delirium, and bewilderment. Attempting to figure out the Harrison Mirage with the extremely light switching wind made for 'enlarged' groups that were just unexplained for the first three matches. The day started out partly cloudy, and then progressed to mostly cloudy into the last match. Only 7 (count em!), seven shooters showed up! Larry Gage and Jim Hutchinson even said that is the lowest they have seen since they have been shooting at Harrison (20+ years). Calling all shooters! Come on out to the next match!!!

So here are the lucky ones (or I mean the winners!)....

Benchrest Rifle Class:
1st Jim Hutchinson 0.2150"
2nd Matt Dardas 0.2270"
3rd Brian Albee 0.2298"
4th Larry Gage 0.3260"

Factory Class:
1st Charley Deardoff 0.5650"
2nd Bill Stiverson 0.7222"
3rd Elton Roundtree 1.031"

Small Group: Matt Dardas .131"

'Hutch' and Charley outsmarted the tricky conditions to notch their wins at the infamous Harrison range.

The next Harrison Match will be a score match on July 5. Gates open at 8:00 am and shooting commences at 10:00 am sharp.

View attachment Harrison 6-21-2014.pdf

100_1836[1].jpg 100_1838[1].jpg 100_1842[1].jpg 100_1845[1].jpg 100_1846[1].jpg

I've been concerned...

that, with new people running the matches, maybe some of our regular shooters have been turned off by the way the first couple of matches were run. This last match went fine since Matt Dardas got the latest download of the scoring program, ran the computer and did the scoring. I will be at the rest of the matches and will help him do same. Matt also takes and posts good pictures.

If you came and were dissatisfied with the first matches this year, come back... they will now be the way they always were... well organized and scored fairly.

My experience with small clubs like this is that some people who have never been in charge of anything in their life just have a real need to be the head of something... anything. Typically, this happened this year at the Harrison club and we ended up with two people running matches that weren't shooters, didn't know nothing about benchrest and, in one case, just aren't very bright.

To all our shooters who didn't show up... come back and you will like the matches from now on. Take time to thank Matt Dardas for he work he's done to get things right.

Dick Wright

Match Dates

Hi Dick. Could you post the remaining dates for the matches at the Harrison club?

Or just PM them to me. Thanks.

Match dates for the rest of the year...

Harrison Sportsmans Club
Harrison, MI

5 July 100 yd. score

19 July 100 yd. group

2 August 100 yd. score

16 August 100 yd. group

6 Sept. 100 yd. score

I'm going to talk to Billy about adding one in Sept. If we do I will post it here.

Dick

Harrison Sportsmans Club
Harrison, MI

5 July 100 yd. score

19 July 100 yd. group

2 August 100 yd. score

16 August 100 yd. group

6 Sept. 100 yd. score

I'm going to talk to Billy about adding one in Sept. If we do I will post it here.

Dick

Thank you sir!

Back