gunsmith delay

Liseo

Hi

I have a problem with a rifle assembly and would like know yours thoughts.

Five to six years ago I got one 6 BR rifle assembled in USA ( I live outside USA). The delivery was fast( believe six months). The rifle shoot very well.

Later, I decided assemble another custom rifle with same gunsmith. Again fast delivery and very good work.

I indicated this gunsmith for 2 other friends, wh0 both both ordered rifles in 308. At same time I ordered one 6 SLR. I bought the stock and barrel and send those to him. The reamer was ordered from PTG by the gunsmith This at 2014 end, i believe.

Well, my friends rifles was sent at least 12 months ago, and my rifle is postponed month after month. This is a copy of the email I receiver in 10/26/2015.

On 10/26/15

" Liseo,
Yes, I have not forgotten. I have all that is necessary to build your rifle and dies. I have some work to get done first then I will get yours done.
I have Andre's rifle done. I just need to order the case, scope covers, and get it sent to NG.
Sorry for the wait".

The last two times my rifle was promised be ready was in july/04/16 and later at Halloween. Just broken promises . I asked my import contact him, just to listen he cant give a delivery time.

I do not intend to inform the gunsmith's name even by private message.

My question is whether I'm being too naughty or if the gunsmith really is failing.

What do you think?

Thanks

If it´s more than a year since last contact, you deserve to be worried!

P. Ericson

The last contact was made when he promised delivery at july/04/16. I have no problem to contact him, but I need he just send the rifle, because every contact he postpone the delivery.

He seems like a nice guy, with some jokes about the delay, but now things looks not so funny anymore...

I've built Liseo rifles in the past before I retired from building rifles. He uses a company in Florida to do his exporting so it is not a problem with ITAR as that is handled by the company in Florida. Sorry to hear you are having the problems getting your rifles. I'd just keep after him and hope he can get it done for you. By the way, I have unretired and gone back to building rifles but am requiring the customer to furnish all the parts which Liseo always did.

I've built Liseo rifles in the past before I retired from building rifles. He uses a company in Florida to do his exporting so it is not a problem with ITAR as that is handled by the company in Florida. Sorry to hear you are having the problems getting your rifles. I'd just keep after him and hope he can get it done for you. By the way, I have unretired and gone back to building rifles but am requiring the customer to furnish all the parts which Liseo always did.

Hi Mike

Good to know you are back in business.

By the way, last week a won my first Brasilian championship in Fclass TR using the 223 Borden actioned rifle you assembled to me. I was the only one in the line shooting 223 caliber.

Sure the competition isnt that hard, as we have not many competitors, but I hit the score of 300/28X, breaking my own record who was 300/26X.

This is a nice rifle.

About my problem, I hope everithing ends fine, as the GS seems a nice guy, despite the long delay...

The last two times my rifle was promised be ready was in july/04/16 and later at Halloween.

The last contact was made when he promised delivery at july/04/16. I have no problem to contact him, but I need he just send the rifle, because every contact he postpone the delivery.

He seems like a nice guy, with some jokes about the delay, but now things looks not so funny anymore...

Your first post seems to suggest that you had contact from the GS after he promised delivery in July; otherwise, how did he promise delivery "later at Halloween"? When exactly did you last hear from him? As for getting a resolution, maybe you should contact a lawyer in the state where the GS is located.

Your first post seems to suggest that you had contact from the GS after he promised delivery in July; otherwise, how did he promise delivery "later at Halloween"? When exactly did you last hear from him? As for getting a resolution, maybe you should contact a lawyer in the state where the GS is located.

Hunter
As english isnt my mother tongue, maybe something isnt clear. sorry.

I contact him some weeks before July, and then He promised delivery at july/04.( at this point, delayed more than 6 months) This was my last contact. I was so mad because isnt delivered that I asked to my exporter contact him again after that. And he promised to my exporter delivery at Halloween.
Broken promise. My exporter contact again and this time dont give any estimate delivery.

Hope you understand ...

Hi Mike

Good to know you are back in business.

By the way, last week a won my first Brasilian championship in Fclass TR using the 223 Borden actioned rifle you assembled to me. I was the only one in the line shooting 223 caliber.

Sure the competition isnt that hard, as we have not many competitors, but I hit the score of 300/28X, breaking my own record who was 300/26X.

This is a nice rifle.

About my problem, I hope everithing ends fine, as the GS seems a nice guy, despite the long delay...

Liseo, glad to hear it's working well for you. Sounds like it was very good shooting on your part as well. Hope everything works out well on your new rifle.

Hope you understand ...

Let's see:
1. You delivered your stuff (and maybe money) to the GS about two years ago -- maybe with no promised delivery time;
2. Over a year ago, the GS said he had "some work to get done first then I will get yours done";
3. Over four months ago, he promised delivery on July 4th -- and didn't deliver;
4. Later, he promised delivery almost a month ago -- and didn't deliver; and
5. At the time of the last contact, he didn't give an estimated delivery date.

Contact a lawyer in the state where the GS is located -- some of them are really good people.

Liseo,

I really feel your pain! In the past, I have as well been waiting for stuff for years that were suposed to be done "within a few months"..

Cant really give any solid advise, things have always worked out in the end if thats any comfort!

Back