Gulf Coast Championship June 16/17

mstinnett

Denton Tx, North Texas Shooters Assoc. will host the second half of the Gulf Coast Championship (four gun) this weekend June 16 / 17. Guns will be SP and LF at 100/ 200 yards. I've got some really nice trophies looking for homes and lunch will be provided both days.

Match starts Sat. 9 am - no pre registration - should be nice and warm so come on out we'll have a good time. We are asking everyone to move their cars/trucks to the field north of the range after unloading to allow plenty of room for everyone to get their gear out and match ready.

Look forward to seeing you there!

Mks

gentlemen start your engines

I believe dinner is being furnished after the match on Sat. In any event I will be bringing my weed whacker blender for adult beverages after the match on Sat. for a non federal government stimulus boost. Tim

I think Mike has changed the menu and will include the lunches and just refreshments after the days are done. Blinder welcome. I will be there Friday AM to check folks in please make sure you bring a hat, eye and ear protection. We should have lots of fun and Lunches included.

I have seen the trophies and they are niceeeeee.

Ralph

I'll be there. I don't have a hat. Will a baseball cap work? I have a left handed friend that will be coming to his first registered "Group" Match. His name is Mike Miller.

I have no problem with sharing a bench with him. If that can be arranged. Mike is real close to being hooked on the Sport.

See ya Friday

Glenn

The Line Up.

Well first of all we might as well get this heretic out of the way. His name is Mike Stinnett. He shoots a 30 caliber. He consistently wins with this 30 caliber. This cannot be allowed to continue. You need to bring your 6mm and burn this bad boy at the stake. Then there is one who is a lay in the weeds Georgia boy Ralph Stuart. Stay away from tall foliage. That boy is an Apache at heart. There is of course a man who need no introduction but who will get this one never the less our own 2011 NBRSA 4 gun national champion John Horn. He has had to skip several matches recently and is possibly a tad rusty or so many on the line hope. Our own regional director Scott Hunter will attend if he can continue to successfully dodge the most recent paternity suite sent his way. There are many others some worse few if any better. Come on out and join your peer group descended from a long line of like minded individuals: Visigoths, Pics, Huns, Thuggees, you know; your run of the mill barbarian. Tim

ps There will be blender alcohol after the Sat. Match. Please pay no attention to the color of your urine for two days afterwards. TPO

Tim Oltersdorf gave a description of characters that will be in attendance....."Visigoths, Pics, Huns, Thuggees, you know; your run of the mill barbarian's."

Mama told me about these people. I'm hiding my wallet.

Glenn

Last edited:
Tim Oltersdorf gave a description of characters that will be in attendance....."Visigoths, Pics, Huns, Thuggees, you know; your run of the mill barbarian's."

Mama told me about these people. I'm hiding my wallet.

Glenn

Don't forget to lock up the women and children as well before this bunch of Never-do-Wells hit town.

Shoot well,
Joe

Day one results

As always a difficult Day in Denton - light wind with big impact on bullet movement.

mks

Attachments

• LV 100 Yards.pdf
    37.6 KB · Views: 308
  • SP 100 Yards.pdf
    36.6 KB · Views: 357
Final

GCR is complete. Two difficult days with four different winners for each sevent. In the end Ryan seemed to rule in Denton but DR. TIM pulled out the FOUR GUN!

Thanks to everyone for the participation and good shoot.

MKS

Attachments

• SP GRAND.pdf
    33.4 KB · Views: 296
  • LV GRAND.pdf
    34.6 KB · Views: 414
  • LV 200 Yards.pdf
    26.8 KB · Views: 262
  • SP 200 Yards.pdf
    26.2 KB · Views: 279
  • FOUR GUN.pdf
    37.7 KB · Views: 297
  • Three Gun.pdf
    37.5 KB · Views: 304
GCC Denton Tx

Congrats to Dr Tim, Ryan, Scott, Dr Ken, and Michael for your wins in some tough conditions.

Thanks for posting results Michael....

Wish I was there. Maybe next year...

Tim is the Man

I have to give Tim credit he won fair and square. And remember he won the State too. So thats both of the four day two location matches. Good going Tim. And that Ryan is getting down right imposing. These guys shot good.

I want to Thank Mike Stinnett for doing all he did running the matches. We all seemed to have the best time ever in Denton so come out to our next match and we will have fun then too. Thanks again Mike it was a nice laid back good old Texas good time.

Ralph

Way to go Ryan, we taught him everything he knows out here in Calif. before we sent him to Texas, look out he is a young Gun.

MAC

A few Photos from the Match

Mike Stinnett and his Smoking 30BR
ResizeofRotationofDSC_1135.jpg

"Shooters to the Line"
ResizeofDSC_1138.jpg

Dr Tim in silent Prayer. He will sing the National Anthem at the next Denton Match
ResizeofDSC_1128.jpg

Maybe the most important asset to Benchrest Competition
ResizeofDSC_1150.jpg

Dr Tim's "Weedwhacker Drink Machine" A Denton,Tx trademark. On a hot Summer day at Denton, After the match,the sound of this machine is music to the ears. Watch out for the "Brain Freeze"
ResizeofDSC_1160.jpg

This stuff will put a smile on your face and a wobble in your walk. Dr Kenneth Terrell, Dr Tim Oltersdorf, David Williams
ResizeofDSC_1157.jpg

Jay Gore,Ralph Stewart, Butch Lambert

ResizeofDSC_1167.jpg

Britt Robinson, 13 time World Champion Trap Shooter,showed up for the fun. He likes fried Chicken.
ResizeofDSC_1164.jpg

The Trophy's. A change for the better
ResizeofDSC_1184.jpg

"And the winners were"
Back Row LR...WAde Hull,David Robinson,Mike Stinnett,Darryl Whitman, Ron Parker,Scott Hunter.
Front Row LR.. Dickie Pustejovsky,Tim Oltersdorf,Ryan Harrison,Ralph Stewart
Andthewinnerswere.jpg

Photos by Turk Takano

Glenn

Last edited:
Congrats all...! Wish I could have made it... Work, work........... Heck, I was in Dallas Sat till the evening then on a plane head'n to Tulsa Sunday morning... Computer hack work..

Planning to make the July 8th club shoot........... Least Sunday I "typically" get freed-up.

Hope to see many of you guy's then,
cale

Back