Green Mamba stock

Al, the rifle belongs to Dr. Tim Oltersdorf. I had a picture a few years ago, but a computer crash cost me that and many other photos. Maybe Tim will see this and furnish one. James

Last edited:
This is the only photo I have when it was at Denton, Texas

Eddie in Texas

209owph.jpg

That's pretty cool!! I don’t particularly like snakes, but that stock is a stand out!! I always have liked white rifle stocks though.

As I remember, that stock belongs to Dr. Tim O.
You might try looking him up here and asking.

I been waitin' for the Good Doktor to run out of blender gas and grace us with his sober and asstute prescience...........but no dice so far.

Thanks Eddie for the pic (I hadn't seen that one) I think Mock's pic was the one I'm looking for. Some yrs back it was posted here, a closeup headshot.

I've got a local painter who claims he can paint me what I want but looking at his other work I have my doubts. I need a good pic to set the bar for him.

Thanks for the replies so far guys
al

BTW, the gun I'm thinking of has the head coming THROUGH the stock...... I'm not positive it's Doc Ortlesdorf's.

Nope.... but we're getting closer :)

Stock in question is all white, lots of green snake and it busting out the side.

Al, the one to which you refer is pictured above by Eddie. The left side has the snakes head coming from the stock and the words "bad juju". James

James,..the stock in your photos is down right scary...that is one mean a** looking snake...:eek:

Eddie in Texas

Al, could you find someone to do computer graphics exactly the picture you want and then print it out on the reverse side of a mylar like they make lables and stickers or decals. If this could be done it would give you the flexability to make a copy anytime and if you can find what you want all you would have to do is down load it. Maybe someone more experienced could guide this project.
Centerfire

I used to shoot with Doc Tim and the first stock posted is his, unless I am just getting old. Al there are some pictures around of Doc Tim's stock but I just cant remember where.
If I am not mistaken he may have also used it last year or this year at the worlds.
I dont know how to look up one of his old posts, but if you can find one you could im or email him.
You could also try contacting Glen C or Butch Lambert they should have some contact info for him.

Al if you have your doubts about your local painter then you may end up sadly disappointed.
I am not sure but I think Kavanaugh painted that one for him.

Al check your email I sent you Doc's email address.

Last edited:
That is Doc's rifle that I remember. It is a Nesika-actioned rifle that was first built by Speedy. Dr. Tim now does his own 'smith work. James

AHHHHHhhhh, now THAT'S the badboy.... the snake is coming thru the stock, just not exactly as I remember.

'Bad Juju'

I remember that name now.

THANKS GUYS!!!

Now I can show my (possible/prospective) painter what type work I expect. I'm not copying this snake nor layout, (for instance I put all my fancy stuff on the RIGHT side...) I just need an example of the realism I expect. I've had 'wayyy too many painters over-promise/under-deliver in my day ;)

On the flip side I just had these two painted by a local CeraKote contractor and I'm very happy with them..... dude was under on time and the work looks good. I LOVE when that happens.

Well, OK, so I won't send the pix.....??? They don't seem to work.

I'll try again later

al

Try hydro graphics

Al, could you find someone to do computer graphics exactly the picture you want and then print it out on the reverse side of a mylar like they make lables and stickers or decals. If this could be done it would give you the flexability to make a copy anytime and if you can find what you want all you would have to do is down load it. Maybe someone more experienced could guide this project.
Centerfire

As all hydro graphics art work begins from computer generated graphics I can't see why something like a photograph or other graphic cannot be done using this technology. The only issue would be registration but I think they would have that issue solved as well. Just not certain.
Andy.

They can print out graphics on Vinyl and wrap a car and many other things. I dont know why it couldnt be done to a gun stock.

Back