Got My Wife A New Glock 27 For Her Birthday

jackie schmidt

My wife has had a Concealed Carry Licence since 1998. She has always been good with a handgun, when she had to re-qualify about 5 years ago, she shot a perfect score.

She has always had a little Colt Mustang 380 as her carry gun, and a little S&W Chiefs Special in 38.

I figured it was time to get her real carry gun, something brutally reliable and no nonsense. So for her 63d birthday, I told her what I had in mind.

We went and looked, she decided on a Glock 27, just the single stack grip as it felt more comfortable. It holds 6 in the clip and one in the chamber.

We went and shot last night over at the South Houston Indoor Range. She got used to it pretty darned quick.

Here is a ten shot target she shot at 12 yards, just the distance these things are made to shoot at.

I better start behaving:D
http://benchrest.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17121&stc=1&d=1450486332

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 684
Last edited:
Holey Schneike! She Done Good.

Speaking of Glocks, IMO every man who's serious about concealed carry (and some women who like to shoot and can handle them, like my wife and daughters....) needs to check out the Glock 36

IMO they finally got it RIGHT with the 36, I hadda' get me several.

Our Cabelas

Has knocked the price way down on the Walther PPS, 9 mm compact. It got a great write up against other compact 9s in a recent G&A. Has anyone had experience with it? My only misgiving is the caliber.

Has knocked the price way down on the Walther PPS, 9 mm compact. It got a great write up against other compact 9s in a recent G&A. Has anyone had experience with it? My only misgiving is the caliber.

What's wrong with the caliber?

Glenn

We went and looked, she decided on a Glock 27, just the single stack grip as it felt more comfortable. It holds 6 in the clip and one in the chamber.

Jackie - the G27 is a double stack .40 S&W that holds 9 rounds in the magazine.

Maybe you meant the G42(.380ACP - 6 round) or the G43(9mm - 6 round). Both single stack.

If it's a G27, stuff a few more rounds in there for her.

Glocks are good (I have a 34). Also have a HK USP Expert 9. Like the HK better (more $ though). Also has a safety so you can carry in condition 1 if you want (ala 1911).

Wow, I think my 68 years is showing

I just got home, my wife kissed my hello, and said........"I did not get a 27, I got a 43"!

So, revision, I got my Wife a Glock Single Stack Model 43 for Her 63d birthday

She was looking at so many, I never looked on the side of the darned thing.

Here's a pic......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:
I can usually be caught with a 42 in my pocket which is the lil bro of that one. Still too new for most to recognize but they are verrry nice carry guns

every man who's serious about concealed carry

I'd like to hear about the motives for, and hassle of, concealed carry on a regular basis. To me, it seems that it would be a real hassle to carry a gun most of the time; and, given that there are many places a gun can't be carried, I wonder why fool with carrying in most other places. Comments?

I'd like to hear about the motives for, and hassle of, concealed carry on a regular basis. To me, it seems that it would be a real hassle to carry a gun most of the time; and, given that there are many places a gun can't be carried, I wonder why fool with carrying in most other places. Comments?

Bill, IMO, State or Federal licensed Conceal Carry is just a ploy to create a database of GUN OWNERS!!

Jerry, if folks hope to avoid being listed in such a database I assume they've never bought a hunting license. Furthermore, in spite of Al's argument to the contrary, I'm not convinced that the background-check records are off-limits to the community organizer and his sidekicks.

BTW, I hope to see you at River Bend next year.

Last edited:
Beware of Women who carry big hand bags

I wouldn't want Jackie's Wife shooting at me. Look at that target. Concealed carry is all about being safe. Unfortunately,safety is not guaranteed in this Country. The Gun you carry could save yours or a loved ones life.

The choice to carry is yours. I try to remember to keep mine close by,just in case.

Glenn

To many

In a crazy, unpredictable world, it's kind of like carrying a spare tire in your trunk. Most of the time you will never need it, but when you do you're screwed without it.

Back