Good video on Youtube about benchrest rifle building

Lew,

I'm not asking to the penny how much that exact build cost - that, I agree, would be impertinent to say the least.

I'm trying to get a feel for how much a truly top-end build costs, with what looks like a pretty 'normal' set of extra options. I can figure out the individual component costs given some time, but all the 'extra' work that makes a gun like that a source of pride to own is something I have next to zero experience with. Forgive me for trying to get an idea for what things cost, and how much I need to save up should I want one of my own. My experience with gunsmiths is they don't have a lot of time for people just calling up asking questions, unless they have money in hand ready to spend.

Lew,

I'm not asking to the penny how much that exact build cost - that, I agree, would be impertinent to say the least.

I'm trying to get a feel for how much a truly top-end build costs, with what looks like a pretty 'normal' set of extra options. I can figure out the individual component costs given some time, but all the 'extra' work that makes a gun like that a source of pride to own is something I have next to zero experience with. Forgive me for trying to get an idea for what things cost, and how much I need to save up should I want one of my own. My experience with gunsmiths is they don't have a lot of time for people just calling up asking questions, unless they have money in hand ready to spend.

The cost would most likely be somewhere between $4,000 and $4,500..(no scope).
That is my best guess not knowing for sure what the paint job cost...

Eddie in Texas

Back